• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anyone Care To Join Me

Nik Nak

http://www.bbc.co.uk/spotlight/content/articles/2008/07/09/unsung_hero_2008_feature.shtml

Now then folks we all know about the tireless hours Nick Saunders puts in to help Disabled Supporters of our club despite being disabled himself. And I accept his hard work was recognised when he was awarded Exeter City Supporter Of The Year last season. But who else will join me in nominating Nick for this award? It wont cost you a penny but it will highlight the hard work he does and hopefully encourage other clubs to follow in what he does so well.

Nik Nak

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/spotlight/content/articles/2008/07/09/unsung_hero_2008_feature.shtml

Now then folks we all know about the tireless hours Nick Saunders puts in to help Disabled Supporters of our club despite being disabled himself. And I accept his hard work was recognised when he was awarded Exeter City Supporter Of The Year last season. But who else will join me in nominating Nick for this award? It wont cost you a penny but it will highlight the hard work he does and hopefully encourage other clubs to follow in what he does so well.

Nik Nak
Hi Nik Nak. This is a great dec. I must admit i'm not over-familiar with the work he does so it would be useful to me and i'm sure other Exewebbers to let us have an idea of exactly what he does. Good on you for getting the ball rolling on this.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have just noticed who was last years winner. I couldn't think of a more worthwhile recipient IMO. I remeber competing against a number of Tony's athletes over the years, and during my summer excursions he would always welcome me to join in his training sessions. He was also the first person to offer me words of support when I possibly ran my worst race ever at the English Schools (at Exeter Arena of all places), and in front of some close friends and family.

A true gentleman, and someone who has suffered in recent years with the loss of his eyesight. It is still good to hear that he is still coaching at Exeter Arena.

Back on topic...

A great idea Nik Nak

Nik Nak

Hi Nik Nak. This is a great dec. I must admit i'm not over-familiar with the work he does so it would be useful to me and i'm sure other Exewebbers to let us have an idea of exactly what he does. Good on you for getting the ball rolling on this.
I feel sure that Nick Saunders will fill you all in on his roll and hopefully on this thread.

nn