• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pubs For Away Fans

Noddy Flack

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum (Mods please feel free to move if applicable).

My friend and I are coming down/up? (should have paid more attention in Geography) on Saturday and it is our first trip down to St James Park.

We are arriving in Exeter St Davids just after midday and are looking for a pub with a dartboard, pool table and live football. Judging by the beer in the evening site, we are not short of pubs when arriving at Exeter St David, but wanted to gauge what the best option is for our simplistic needs?

In terms of the game, we have been pretty poor all season and a lot of our fans have lost faith in Stimson. Don't mean to sound arrogant, but don't really know a huge amount about you guys barring your form this year. I would be happy to walk away at 16.45 on Saturday with a point.

Any help regarding the boozing situation, gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Noddy

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ask Steve.

Failing that you cant go wron with the black horse. 5 mins from the ground. Get the train to central and its 5 min walk from there.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would be happy to walk away at 16.45 on Saturday with a point.
For some reason, games never finish at SJP until 16.50, so hang on an extra 5.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum (Mods please feel free to move if applicable).

My friend and I are coming down/up? (should have paid more attention in Geography) on Saturday and it is our first trip down to St James Park.

We are arriving in Exeter St Davids just after midday and are looking for a pub with a dartboard, pool table and live football. Judging by the beer in the evening site, we are not short of pubs when arriving at Exeter St David, but wanted to gauge what the best option is for our simplistic needs?

Cheers

Noddy
The Duke Of York in the city centre is a good boozer to go to, as is The Black Horse like manc said. There is also The Bowling Green which I think is right need the ground. You could also just use our social club which admits away fans. Lastly there is the Brook Green in Well Street, which is about 50 metres from the ground.

Brian Moore

Or ask ex-Gills fan and now London Exiles chief Neil Le M!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope you have a good day out in Exeter, trust the Devon and Cornwall police are a bit more welcoming that Hampshires! I understand that the visit for some to Aldershot didn't go to well.

Grecian1987

Get the train to Exeter Central and either go Black Horse (good atmosphere and live football), Hole in the Wall (lots of pool tables) near the library, or the St James Centre, next to the ground. We also have the red square, which serves plenty of booze and food, with a great atmosphere. Good place to meet some Grecians should you so wish!

CITY CASUAL

The brook Green pub.That is a away fans pub.Right near the ground in well street.Not a bad pub,for a game of darts,pool, & a few pints.

p6steve

Hi all,

In terms of the game, we have been pretty poor all season and a lot of our fans have lost faith in Stimson. Don't mean to sound arrogant, but don't really know a huge amount about you guys barring your form this year. I would be happy to walk away at 16.45 on Saturday with a point.

Cheers

Noddy
Not one minute from St. Davids station is the Jolly Porter - dartboard, real ale, pool table and last time I was in there a telly.
Dunno why people always send newcomers to the Duke of York. Not a good first impression of pubs in Exeter - may as well send 'em to the Locomotive or the Threepenny bit or whatever it is now! YUK

Colin B

What has happened to the St. James Centre and Red Square?