• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exceeding expectations ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
So far so good.....

11th place , if the season was to finish now i think most would be happy with that result...

Ive been impressed with how well Harley , Gilly , Seabore & Matty Taylor have settled into the division without much fuss....

Is a playoff push out of the question ? if we get to Xmas time in a simular position adding a couple of quality players to the squad in a winger & a striker could see us push for a top 8 , playoff position IMO..

Will Tisdale gamble and go for it if were not far away ? or will he say he's happy with the squad and continue happy in the middle of the table...

Relegation was never on the cards this year with the point deductions so id like to think midtable would be a realistic target.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is a playoff push out of the question ? if we get to Xmas time in a simular position adding a couple of quality players to the squad in a winger & a striker could see us push for a top 8 , playoff position IMO..
The squad has always been confident in a push for the playoff places...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My pre-season prediction was 10th. Having had matches against several "top" sides already, to sit 11th is great.

Playoffs are not beyond the realms of possibility.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So far so good.....

11th place , if the season was to finish now i think most would be happy with that result...

Ive been impressed with how well Harley , Gilly , Seabore & Matty Taylor have settled into the division without much fuss....

Will Tisdale gamble and go for it if were not far away ? or will he say he's happy with the squad and continue happy in the middle of the table...

Relegation was never on the cards this year with the point deductions so id like to think midtable would be a realistic target.

I don't think a play-off place is beyond our reach. We've had a look around, the players will have come to realise that players in this league are no better than them and that collectively they are as good, if not better than most (other than a silly 20 mins at Bradford) and so I see no reason that the results shouldn't improve further.

I remember the days of Peter Fox and the expectation then was always that we could reach the play-offs in this league when quite frankly we were crap. This team is much better than that.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
maybe maybe not.if we make top ten ill be delighted.really need a winger to supply the ammo for the front men.anyone know how far neil saunders is away from match fitness.came to us very highly rated but due to injury not seen what he can do

Antony Moxey

Ive been impressed with how well Harley , Gilly , Seabore & Matty Taylor have settled into the division without much fuss.....
Typo Creds??

:D

ecfc2000

Exceeding expectations? Nope, not yet. Come the end of the season maybe.......

LammieLammieLammie

Typo Creds??

:D
Indeed. There may not be a "u" but there's an "n" in Seaborne.

exeips

or will he say he's happy with the squad and continue happy in the middle of the table..
Like he said last January? No ambition;)

I don't see much wrong with the way we have been playing so far this year. If our strikers can start scoring regularly then the only way is up!

Having said that I'm sure Tis is always looking to improve our squad,personally I would start at right back.

Red the Paper

Banned
I am happy with progress. We don't appear out of place back in the league and we are well pressed to push on.

Good progress is being made