• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doing the BSP proud!

citizen33

While commentating on last night's game between Rushden and Altrincham, Paul Parker mentioned that Lee Elam had been part of the City promotion side last season. He went on to say how well both Aldershot and Exeter were doing in L2. According to him City are doing the BSP proud! I agree, but couldn't help thinking what a difference a weekend makes.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to him City are doing the BSP proud!
I heard that too, but he's wrong, we're not doing the BSP proud at all, we're nothing to do with that any more, and it had nothing to do with where we are today.

citizen33

I suppose the inference is that the position of promoted teams in their new league shows the strength or weakness of the league that they came up from. Some exewebbers used a similar train of thought when they tried to work out how well we were likely to do in L2, based on the performance of the Daggers, etc.

Last edited:

DB9

Difference is between us and D&R, Morecombe etc is that they are in the league for the first time, We are returning back, They have never been league teams. So no we aint doing the BSP proud were a LEAGUE team doing ourselves proud and holding our own

bflockha

Whats the BSP?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Grecian2K

Last edited:

Poultice

I heard that too, but he's wrong, we're not doing the BSP proud at all, we're nothing to do with that any more, and it had nothing to do with where we are today.
Well maybe he was refering to it being the environment which allowed us the five years needed to go from a basket case to the thriving club we now are.

Perhaps he feels like a proud parent watching his fledglings fly the nest and prosper in the wider world.

The man obviously feels good about something so the natural thing to do is disrespect his view, or it could be that he is just a sycophant saying anything that promotes the views of his employers.

I prefer to think that he is a proper football man that takes pleasure in seeing teams prosper and has a degree of pride being associated with a relatively well organised, competitive league, that makes a mockery of anything outside of the " Premier " leagues of just about any other country in the world.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Paul Parker mentioned
Don't listen to anything that man says, he knows nothing about non-league tbh.

old and grey

Whilst Paul Parker probably failed gcse in English, i do get a bit fed up with people that don't even watch Satanta, or if they do jump on the "Paul Parker is rubbish" bandwagon.I am in my second season watching BSP on Satanta, and I thoroughly enjoy the coverage and particulaly Pauls comments.For somebody to say he knows nothing about conference football when he is at 2 or 3 games every week in the season, is a bit daft really.He is a very knowledgable ex international, who is part of a very good set up covering the league we were in for five years,and to also say that we have no relationship with that league just doesn't make sense to me.We regularly watch our players who were part of our sides over those seasons, and are probably also watching some players who may join us in the future.We will
also watch teams we will play next season, so the ties are pretty strong.

However, the two players we thought might get us back in the league, looked what i thought they were at city ---average.So i don't always agree with Parker, but i am sure he sees something i don't with Phillips, apart from work rate.