• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red or Dead plaque or other engraved thing

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Embarrassingly I still owe my Red or Dead money. I moved house, all the bank accounts went to max overdraft and the time was never (and still isn't) right.

However, I want to pay it, and to get my name on the plaque, shield, or whatever.

Since I have an ego ths size of Debenhams, I wonder if I might be allowed to spend my £500 Red or Dead money on the engraved whatever it is that honours myself (!) and all the other Red or Dead pledgers.

If so, could I be entrusted with the task of launching a campaign to get more Red or Deaders to pay their way and buy their place on the engraved thingy? I suggest a Summer 2009 deadline for payment, with a pre-season friendly in 2009 made Red or Dead celebration day/night with hospitality or something for the Red or Dead pledgers.

I'd love to do the job if anyone on the Trust is willing to give it to me.

Al

GJW

I think I only managed to raise £300 in the end for my RoD pladge and left it at that. Do I count as a RoD(er). I can't really afford to stump up the extra £200 at the moment, what with all the tiny feet pitter-patteriing around me at the moment.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about a bucket collection at Barnet away to raise the extra £200? If you'd be happy to give it a go, I'll nip up to Barnet FC and see if they're happy to allow the bucket.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alan.

This wouldn't be a problem. If you would like to email the Trust, I will ensure that this is passed on to the appropriate person dealing with Red or Dead?.

Many thanks

Martin

papillon

I swapped my Red or Dead pledge for sponsoring Steve Tully's away kit this year :D

Thames Valley Red

I'd stump £500 Al!

UTC

TVR

nick_exmouth

Go for it!

I still have my certificate (somewhere) for my R or D pledge, should be up on the wall (shame on me!)

Nick

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I finally paid my Red or Dead last week. I wonder what I owe in interest!

The plaque thing was all sorted by others. Must say, I hope whatever they have is a bit more meaningful than just a plaque on the wall that'll be chucked in the bin the next time they re-decorate.

southamptongrecian

I finally paid my Red or Dead last week. I wonder what I owe in interest!

The plaque thing was all sorted by others. Must say, I hope whatever they have is a bit more meaningful than just a plaque on the wall that'll be chucked in the bin the next time they re-decorate.
at least it will be on the wall for a long time before they re-decorate.