• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury Away

Living near Dursley, Working in Cheltenham
Hey guys,

Bury away in a couple of weeks will be my first ever Exeter away match, going to be making the slightly awkward trip over from Aberystwyth with the girlfriend for the game.

Was wondering if anybody had any general tips, i know it's kinda stupid, but I don't really know if we need to buy tickets beforehand, from what i gather they normally give a rather large portion of the ground to away fans so there wont be any need to buy in advance...

Am going to be watching the game with my girlfriend and her sister and her boyfriend. The boyfriend used to support bury as a youngster but has become a massive man city fan over the years. Am going to try and get him more interested in lower league football and show him it isn't quite as bad as he thinks. He isn't adverse to coming in with the away supporters either so it could be interesting!

Anyway, very excited about it, especially as they are top of the league!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought this was a thread about Beth Jordache :(

copplered

made i larf

Oldsmobile-88

Thats when Brookie was at its best.....:D...

Back on thread....There is a good social club at Gigg Lane for a beer before the game..If you are driving,there is ample street parking around the ground..

Last edited:

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Away ends fairly big, Nice enough place.

andrew p long

Massive all seater capacity.Easy parking if you get there early enough for the good social club.Big screen for the lunchtime and 5.15 premiershi** games.

Small crowds so no probs getting in.Not all ticket as far as I know.

Enjoy!

BOS

Some practical information here:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/bury.htm

The last time I went (2002?), we had a really good day, right up until about 2:30 when we left an excellent pub (the "Rose & Crown"?) and got drenched in the torrential rain before watching a rather feeble City side lose 1-0

BOS

Elton White

Hey guys,

Bury away in a couple of weeks will be my first ever Exeter away match, going to be making the slightly awkward trip over from Aberystwyth with the girlfriend for the game.

Was wondering if anybody had any general tips, i know it's kinda stupid, but I don't really know if we need to buy tickets beforehand, from what i gather they normally give a rather large portion of the ground to away fans so there wont be any need to buy in advance...

Am going to be watching the game with my girlfriend and her sister and her boyfriend. The boyfriend used to support bury as a youngster but has become a massive man city fan over the years. Am going to try and get him more interested in lower league football and show him it isn't quite as bad as he thinks. He isn't adverse to coming in with the away supporters either so it could be interesting!

Anyway, very excited about it, especially as they are top of the league!
You get your ticket on the day, and to be honest, you've got the best of the ends!!!
We give around 1600 seats away in a 11,500 seat stadium, so I wouuldn't say it's a big portion....you get the east stand. It's got a great view.
Hope you enjoy your day out.
If you want to know about pubs etc, I've replied to a thread in the 'away days' section.
See you Saturday!!!

lancsgrecian

Rose and Crown 36 Manchester old rd

Last edited: