• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where to be at SJP

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
As the Wizzz is on holiday, thought I'd take my 6 year old grandson along to SJP. Don't particularly want to take him on the Big Bank, so thought I'd splash out on a seat.

So, where is best for a 6 year old? Flybe or OG?

tisdale 1

Resigned
flybe(just dont sit in moxeys seat!;)) is a good view but TBH you want to sit in the og near the tunnel the kids love that being there before the game and running down at the end of the match. And with an old stand it would be a bit of history

iscalad

flybe(just dont sit in moxeys seat!;)) is a good view but TBH you want to sit in the og near the tunnel the kids love that being there before the game and running down at the end of the match. And with an old stand it would be a bit of history
Sat there in '69. Hope they've improved it a bit:)

Joshyd123

Old Grandstand would be better for a 6 year old, maybe even get a few autographs too if he wanted when the players go in and come out of the tunnel.

iscalad

OG it is then, thanks

tisdale 1

Resigned
OG it is then, thanks
and it is the cheapest!;)

Antony Moxey

Seats in the Flybe are so much more comfortable, and there is a good deal more leg room. There are no pillars to block your view, nor, if you sit that far back, do the sides block the corners either. IMO it's easier to get in and out of the stand, and as I said on a different thread many moons ago, you don't get showered in rust, pigeon sh*t and asbestos from the roof every time Jonah shanks one up there ;)

In short, it's worth the extra to sit in the Flybe.

angelic upstart

Big bank is best though.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
OG, as said, the lad might grab an autograph or two, and might even get to shake the Lion's paw. Some of the players will even let you grab a photo of them with your nipper if you're there early enough. (I've seen it a few times from my seat in the OG.)

The kids seem to love that inflatable ball too, so get him near (ish) the front, or just about midway.

Oh, and ignore Moxey's whining about rust and pigeon crap, the OG is pure history and I still love sitting there. I'm dreading the day they pull it down !

Antony Moxey

It's not whining! As for shaking the lion's paw, you can do that from any part of the ground, although if you sit in the Flybe you might find yourself sat next to him during the game!!