• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ronaldo Dive?

SmallHat.

I'd say it wasn't really much of a dive, just a terrible refereeing decision,

but who cares?
City won 4-1!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dive? Never. Good tackle? Definately. Abysmal decision? Most definately. By the worst Premier League referee? Is that disbutable.

Grecian_Harryj

Yeh looked at it and it defo was a penalty but it wasn't a dive because if you watch it The ball want about a centimeter and he had his leg sticking out which Ronaldo went over

but who cares cos city one 4-1

Last edited:

ECFC TOM

If Ronaldo was challenged fairly he should have got up and said it was a fair challenge. Ronaldo is a cheat.

LOG

Yeh looked at it and it defo was a penalty but it wasn't a dive because if you watch it The ball want about a centimeter and he had his leg sticking out which Ronaldo went over
You must have seen something different to what i did.

Joshyd123

Great tackle by J Lloyd Samuel, never a penalty, fairly won the ball ; the list goes on ...

Unleashed

If Ronaldo was challenged fairly he should have got up and said it was a fair challenge. Ronaldo is a cheat.
Ronaldo is a ****

The same could be said of Gerrard/Joe Cole/Adebayor etc etc when they dive..

Poultice

I think it would have been a free kick in the cntre circle so that makes it a penalty.

No doubting JLS made contact with the ball first but his left leg came through and touched Ronnie from behind, he never really made made a meal of it much like any number of other "professionals", but nowadays a touch is a foul and a foul in the box is a penalty. None of the Scummers appealed, to their credit, and Ronnie was almost embarrassed to ask, maybe even 9 out of 10 refs might not have given it anywhere but OT, but it really wasn't the worst decision of all time as some people are trying to portray it.

I hate Ronnie like any real Englishman should, and Stiles is a ****, but I do wonder whether some of you guys actually see the whole picture.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Ronaldo he didn't celebrate the goal...

if you were a player would you say no to a penalty? NO, so why should he, referes fault