• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adrian Edmondson:independent collumn

tisdale 1

Resigned
In todays independent as the tittle suggest's.good read from the funny man!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/itrsquos-fun-down-herelife-outside-the-premier-league-943929.html

(sorry if i put it in wrong place mods it is very early for me!)

Red the Paper

Banned
Interesting article but unlike many on here I am not a fan of celeb fans pretending to have a "real love" for the lower league underdog. I don't need his patronising support. Awaits celeb lovers backlash...."oh, but he is such a nice bloke, he went to weymouth away, he understands the offside rule, he bought me a pint once..."

He probably is a nice bloke, I don't doubt it, but so was Geller, indeed Jackson was also called "a friend to small children" once.

thonk

Red, you're a jerk.

Ian Sideman

If you don't bite, he's toothless...:D:D

thonk

Good point, too early to contemplate then type for me. Cheers :$

Red the Paper

Banned
Red, you're a jerk.
Maybe, but I do not resort to name calling, without offering an opinion of my own. Indeed, I am a jerk who has supported my local club since I was 6.

I am consistent in my despising of all our so called Celebrity Fans. There are many on here who loved Geller, Jackson, Blaine and even Russell & Lewis were heroes to the uninformed, many who now follow our newest "Celeb Die Hard".

Personally I would prefer a Celeb Fan at the top of his career not another on the downside, looking for lower league club to support because it makes them appear cool.

Wades into water, attaches another worm......waits;)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit disappointed in the 'head tennis' quote. That was true when Inglethorpe was manager but he hasn't given Tisdale any credit for changing this and playing some decent football.

Overall though, decent enough article.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it is a refreshingly honest article and I welcome Ade and anyone to ECFC, especially if they see it for the same enjoyment I do!

Thames Valley Red

Great article...............if one Exonian reads that and comes for the first time and gets hooked - I for one well be pleased. Great PR for the club!

UTC

TVR

papillon

Maybe, but I do not resort to name calling, without offering an opinion of my own. Indeed, I am a jerk who has supported my local club since I was 6.

I am consistent in my despising of all our so called Celebrity Fans. There are many on here who loved Geller, Jackson, Blaine and even Russell & Lewis were heroes to the uninformed, many who now follow our newest "Celeb Die Hard".

Personally I would prefer a Celeb Fan at the top of his career not another on the downside, looking for lower league club to support because it makes them appear cool.

Wades into water, attaches another worm......waits;)
Red,

I have to say you are a long way wide of the mark on this one. I have seen him regularly at away games always sat in the away end with the fans, whilst I am certain he could be in the Directors box.

He has a season ticket at the Park, has given the club some great exposure on television (I remember him wearing his Todd shirt in Africa playing football). Has appeared at charity events FOC.

To compare him to Geller and Jackson is frankly laughable!

Paps