• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City U18s 2-0 Plymuff Arg*le U18s

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not seen this anywhere and thought it was worth a mention. Well done bauys!

EXETER City under-18s got their revenge on traditional rivals Plymouth Argyle on Saturday with a 2-0 win in the South West Conference League Cup.
The Pilgrims had beaten City 3-2 in a recent league game, but goals from Elliot Frear and Scott Bennett enabled the Grecians to get their own back.
City's head of youth coaching Simon Hayward said he was delighted with the lessons his side had learned since the previous fixture.
"We did brilliantly at putting the things we had learned when we lost last time into action this time," said Hayward.
"In the previous game Plymouth moved very well off the ball and we found it a little difficult to cope with as we had not encountered that so much before.
"So we picked up some lessons from that game and I was very pleased to see how much the boys had learned this time around.
"We were well organised and put in a solid defensive display which helped us limit their chances.
"All in all it was an excellent team performance."
City got off to a flyer when Toby Osman was put through by Lewis Tasker in just the second minute, only to be upended in the area. Frear made no mistake with the penalty.
The second goal arrived on 59 minutes when the ever impressive Frear floated a corner towards Bennett who powered the ball home with his head.
The Grecians shut-up shop after that and Plymouth's frustration told four minutes from time when striker Ashley Hodgkinson elbowed City keeper John Wannell and recieved his marching orders.

Does anyone know if Toby Osman is Russell's son?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe he is. There's another Osman on the books too, can't remember his name.

ECFC KARL

well done city under 18s for beting the arg*le

Yes he is. Toby and Ben are twins.

ecfcandy

two osmans! could be promising

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMO that's good news. Hopefully it'll keep Russell involved in some capacity. It seemed to me he did a great job last season with our defence. Up to his arrival we conceded plenty of goals on the edge of our six yard box that came from set pieces....something that seems to be happening again.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully it'll keep Russell involved in some capacity. It seemed to me he did a great job last season with our defence. Up to his arrival we conceded plenty of goals on the edge of our six yard box that came from set pieces....something that seems to be happening again.
So if he's still here in some capacity, why is it happening again?

ECFC JP

I always love seeing the result of exeter beating plymuff.

ECFC TOM

I always love seeing the result of exeter beating plymuff.
Unfortunately it doesn't happen very often!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So if he's still here in some capacity, why is it happening again?
Did I say he is still with us Ant? Don't think I did. I don't believe he is. I only mentioned that if his sons are with our youth team then he still has a link with us and maybe one day he may be back.