• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Goalscoring Issue - Have Your Say

Ebs

Hi everyone,

Updated the Times Blog with a new post on Exeter's goalscoring worries, feel free to join the debate and comment on the article - http://timesonline.typepad.com/fanzine_fanzone/2008/09/6-strikers-9-ga.html

Thanks

Pete

denzil

I just think 6 strikers and none an automatic first choice - Ouch, something's wrong somewhere ! How come we have so many and all of them just okay ???????????????????????????????? One of the problems is, I believe, that the supply isn't so good as last seasons and we're playing in a better League and perhaps our forwards aren't as good for this Division ???

Discuss............

ecfcandy

stans will come good towards the end of the season he always does!

CC

Anything that encourages denzil to post is to be encouraged. Definitely a better quality of avatar!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
They all have there own qualities , its just getting the right combination.

The problem we have is we have 2 creative/attacking fowards who lack legs , Bash & Stewart.

We have two quick nippy strikers who despite there legs dont/wont score often enough Stans & Watson

And two Target men/fowards in Logie who has a poor goal record at league clubs & McCallister who is again unproven at this level.

We are crying out for an out & out goal poacher who will spend most of his time sniffing in & around the penalty spot , something that IMO should of been sorted in the summer.

Antony Moxey

We are crying out for an out & out goal poacher who will spend most of his time sniffing in & around the penalty spot , something that IMO should of been sorted in the summer.
When Stewart signed weren't you creaming yourself on here about how many goals he was going to get etc etc?

denzil

When Stewart signed weren't you creaming yourself on here about how many goals he was going to get etc etc?
................and he hasn't even looked like scoring !

Last edited:
Fez Army HQ - somewhere behind enemy lines ..
I daresay that Credy wasn't the only person 'creaming' themselves at the prospect of Marcus Stewart playing for City - it seems that so far we haven't had a lot to cheer about on that front ....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Dont think i ever said he was the 20 goal a season player we need , he's quality no doubt but wont get the goals a poacher would.

iscalad

Damn, I thought this thread was about a special edition magazine. Sadly it's a re-issue of old arguments cobbled together.