• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accident in town?

TOP_CITY_FAN

Did anyone see what happened today outside BHS, when I got there I was told that I had to get off the bus early as the road was closed but the driver didnt know what had happened? I then walked up towards college and noticed that there were loads of police around and noticed that in the middle of the closed off bit was a bus with just someones jacket under it. I then asked a policeman what had happened and he just said that there had been a collision between a bus and a pedestrian.

ECFC JP

Oh my word is the person still alive?

TOP_CITY_FAN

As far as I know yeah, the police were putting chalk around where the bus was though so not 100% sure.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just had word that the bus has died...

Seriously, i only work 100 yards away and i never knew this incident took place! i heard an ambulance go hurtling down the high street, but that seems to be a normal everyday experience. Swanny may know more as he works nearer to BHS..

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Swanny may know more as he works nearer to BHS..
Sorry mate, sat at home - still on paternity leave.

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swanny may know more as he works
Yeah right. ^o)^o)^o)

Sorry mate, sat at home

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll have you know I've been busy baking scones today, Deathy :) :$

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll have you know I've been busy baking scones today, Deathy :) :$
Swanny on "Paterninty leave".

ianaplincorners

I'd heard the ambulance / police earlier in the day going down the High Street, a colleague came in after lunch and said there had been an accident between a bus and a skateboarder, but didn't know more than that, when I walked down the High Street at around 2o'c the road was open, I'm sure if the incident had been 'serious' the road would still have been closed for forsenic evidence or something?

ECFC JP

I'd heard the ambulance / police earlier in the day going down the High Street, a colleague came in after lunch and said there had been an accident between a bus and a skateboarder, but didn't know more than that, when I walked down the High Street at around 2o'c the road was open, I'm sure if the incident had been 'serious' the road would still have been closed for forsenic evidence or something?
So i suppose the person would not be dead then, if your info is correct.