• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pro's & Cons...

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Of sky tv , Setanta , old skool channel 1-4 , or digibox....

Im moving into my first house in the next few weeks and havent decided what to do...

I love Sky+ got it at home but its proper expensive nearly 50quid a month...

Setanta looks best value at the moment....

Joshyd123

Old school channels 1-4 and a digibox are both sh*t, with hardly any variety of what to watch, so I wish I had either Setanta or Sky Sports instead...

Last edited:

ecfc2000

Of sky tv , Setanta , old skool channel 1-4 , or digibox....

Im moving into my first house in the next few weeks and havent decided what to do...

I love Sky+ got it at home but its proper expensive nearly 50quid a month...

Setanta looks best value at the moment....
Free view and Setanta are probs best value for money.

Sky is a waste of time. Sky Sports is getting really bad, next to no footy on anymore. Setanta have most of the prem now! Plus, sky hardly ever show a league match let alone anyother sort of match. In fact...i'm going to get rid of Sky, it sucks!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Whaddaya mean, "old skool channel 1-4" - has Channel Five still not reached terrestrial down in Gods Own County?

I've got the Virgin Media XL package. On the plus side loads of music channels and Sultana channels (excl. NASN, though which is a shame but not a tragedy). On the minus side no Sky Sports News - instead got the vastly inferior (except when Faye Barker is presenting) Sultana Sports News.

Poultice

Shirley Credy has no choice ?

With the Mickey's going all the way to Rome then Sky is a must.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and another minus of Virgin Media is no Sky News, especially for Lisa Burke's weather reports. I still have visions of competing against her in a Public Speaking competition all those years back...

So on balance, get Sky but with Sultana if you want the extra Footy!

manc grecian

I have freeview. Before the little monster arrived if i wanted to watch a game it was the pub for me and a few afternoon lagers and a bit of peace and quiet.

Used to have sky and got rid. Total waste off money and i certainly dont miss watching Wigan v Fulham on a Monday night.

DevonSent

I am getting a bit irritated by the lack of League games on Sky. There has been Posh v Bristol R and the odd Championship game but that is about it. There wasn't even a game on Saturday this week. Two La Liga games though |-)

MikeB

Best value is not to bother with TV at all. Save the Licence fee.

Swanaldo

Whaddaya mean, "old skool channel 1-4" - has Channel Five still not reached terrestrial down in Gods Own County?

I've got the Virgin Media XL package.
Not in Crediton, mate. No Virgin cables either!

I've got the normal sky package plus setanta. (No movies or other add-ons) The setanta package gives you about 7 channels of sport so there's always something to watch post-pub (Pro Bull Riding being a particular favourite at the moment) so long as you aren't too fussy. There's no cricket.