• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best Hotel..

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now that I've grown tired of using The Trees Hotel (I swear to Christ the crowd own it are now russian and haven't a clue- apart from putting up "back in 5 minutes" signs, which actually become an hour) and having stayed in several nice little B&B/hotels, but without a bar or a night porter I can hassle!, I'm going to put my ass into a different bed Friday & Saturday week when over.
I'm not being ripped off by the likes of Southgate & Barcalona, yet don't want to stay in a kip either.
Even though I know the City and will be making 42nd trip to Exeter, I'm still a little lost as to where I can find a nice hotel with a bar. The closest I've come is The Great Western by the train station for around £50 .
Any ideas or previous experiences folks?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are they still doing the £9 Travellodge deal online. Just a thought like.

Daughter of I_M

I've been staying in hotels a lot lately and have found that everywhere here is much more expensive than the rest of the country for some odd reason.

The holiday inn express is ok, and they have smoking rooms, costs quite a bit though. They have a bar until 2am. I think it's cheaper at weekends too.

If you go through laterooms.com you'll get a better deal than going direct to the hotel too.

The thistle is lush, but very expensive. The buckerell lodge are quite cheap through laterooms sometimes, but the bar shuts at 11. You can get a drink outta the night porter if you beg though but he's not the happiest of souls.

It's actually quite hard to find something decent around here that doesn't cost a lot. The gypsy hill are often quite cheap, not stayed yet but they're the cheapest I've found most times.

LammieLammieLammie

If you are over in the next month, I would find out who Manny was sharing with, and get in there mate.

Otherwise, try Mancs gaff. He has a spare bed.

Last edited:

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Gypsy hill good but they often fluctuate on what time they close the bar depending on what is happening there that eve. If yu are having a good party they stay open late ! :p

LOG

Try Murray Couch.

You could sleep on his sofa.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm actually alright for a bed for night , infact was chatting to new owner of Brook Green and he's Irish! Get on!
Though just wanted a place where i'm not putting in or out on anyone , except to annoy the bar staff at 2am!

Daughter of I_M

I met the owner of Brook green last night and he seems a really nice bloke.
Didn't spend too much time chatting to him though, there was much more to look at behind the bar :)

LOG

Just hope that the old landlord isn't there and you'll be ok.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the moment the Melbury in Queens Cresent looks nice £50 for night though no bar, and its central