• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Continuing Theme

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
A worrying trend that started last season is continuing this i.e. conceding a goal to a dubious free kick. Yet another example on Saturday; how it could have been adjudged as handball when our player was 3 yards away and turning his back on the ball I will never know.

As I said to the wife, after the free kick was given, "here we go, we will let in a goal now".....

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

I didn;t think it was dubious Crocks. It happened pretty near where I was and the ball would have passed Matt into the box. The other factor was that the ball dropped stone dead. If it had happened the other way, we would have been screaming...

it has happened to often, should we not be training against this

manc grecian

In fairness the ref was quite consistant with his handballs. He gave one our way when we wellied it at a player from two yards. Its the free header in the 6 yard box that ****** me off.

LammieLammieLammie

Agreed.

Looking at yesterdays Man U Chelsea game though, it seems that even at the highest level of the game you get the same mistakes. Possibly the top keeper in the world not holding a shot you think he would, free headers from free kicks and possession given away too easily.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Agree also. The free kick was given, so we had plenty of time to get ourselves ready to defend it.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that the free kick was fairly obvious, and that was from the BB :S Hardly a new thing conceding from set pieces either.

ECFC JP

it has happened to often, should we not be training against this
You would think.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I should imagine that the coaches are working very hard on the training ground. It wont have escaped Tisdales attention that we are suddenly dreadful from set-pieces. The tonic for me is clear - stop giving away stupid free-kicks around the area, the 2yrd handball doesnt count obviosuly but we certainly dive in very quickly and recklessly. Players will go down in the league, the honesty and general integrity of the conference (not you Sills - you cheating scum) is long behind us now and we will be playing players quite content to take a tumble or two to get an advantage

crocks

I have noticed that too David. Opposition players must all have and know off by heart the Sills "Book of Diving".

Its the one aspect of the game that I havent enjoyed in L2 and in the games I have seen so far, there have been some pretty dreadful examples.