• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under 16s forum

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The arguments for and against if one were to be introduced.

Discuss.

nick_exmouth

I think it is a good idea but doubt it would get used.

Nick

LammieLammieLammie

Not necessarily linked to a seperate forum, I am strongly in favour of all posters being aware of "minors" ages when on here. I think it's basic housekeeping.

i am 16 + feel it would be used very little

grecian2005

how do you prove someones age tho? In real life i'm a 21 year old guy but have been a 13 year old girl once to help detect paedophilia

manc grecian

how do you prove someones age tho? In real life i'm a 21 year old guy but have been a 13 year old girl once to help detect paedophilia
Whats that got to do with anything?

Under 16s wouldn't be excluded from other areas of the board it would just be a place where they could chat about the game in this wacky way the yoof of today do.

Not that it has anything to do with me.

Antony Moxey

Don't see the point in one. I'm know I'm hardly whiter than white when it comes to the content of my posts but this is site is supposed to be for all ages.

Perhaps stricter moderation when it comes to language or content could be applied, but other than that I see no reason why a person's age is applicable when posting nor what business it is of anyone else's what the age of the poster is either.

LammieLammieLammie

Don;t agree Ant.

"Got any Pics?" for example, takes on a whole new meaning.

Antony Moxey

No it doesn't. It would if you knew the poster was underage, but it's one of those general Exeweb catchphrases now that gets used just for a laugh. There's nothing meant by it, nor should anything untoward be construed from it either.

LammieLammieLammie

You have your opinions, and I have mine.

I would personally be uncomfortable using that standard exeweb line to someone who I didn't know the age of, and also having the line used to my teenage daughter.