• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Moving To Exeter

Aussie Andy

I'm moving from Brisbane to Exeter early next year with my wife and kids. Planning on heading over at Christmas to check out all the important stuff like a house to keep the wife happy, school to keep the kids happy and football to keep me happy.

Whats the best place to sit/stand to watch the games? Is St James' Park all seating or do you have terraces still? Should I start disliking Plymouth and Torquay yet?

southamptongrecian

I'm moving from Brisbane to Exeter early next year with my wife and kids. Planning on heading over at Christmas to check out all the important stuff like a house to keep the wife happy, school to keep the kids happy and football to keep me happy.

Whats the best place to sit/stand to watch the games? Is St James' Park all seating or do you have terraces still? Should I start disliking Plymouth and Torquay yet?
You dont start to dislike Plym**th and Torquay, its something you are born with.

Aussie Andy

Unfortunately, I was born with a disliking for Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best place to stand is on the Bank, best place to sit is the Flybe. Which sort of answers the second question(s) - no it's not all seating and yes there are still terraces. As for should you start disliking - this is a wind up, yes?

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andrew, why the hell would anyone want to move from Oz to England ffs!!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts exactly - more than once I've thought about going the other way, and I don't think my Mum has ever quite forgiven my Dad for putting his foot down and insisting they move to England instead of Oz.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I like your sense of priorities. The house can wait, but where do I stand/sit at St James Park is important. You're going to fit in around here fine! Don't forget to pop in to the St James Centre behind the newish seated stand and introduce yourself.

Aussie Andy

As for should you start disliking - this is a wind up, yes?
Yeah, I'm not expecting to come over and be an instant mad exeter fan. Just wanting to have a few beers and watch some football. Hopefully the passion will come with time, as Exeter becomes my home. I will always be a Queensland Roar fan (yes, they have a stupid f*cking name).

Best place to stand is on the Bank
Glad to know that you can still stand.

Quote:

The missus is from Chulmleigh, just north of Exeter. She has been over here for ten years, now wants to be near her family.

Max Payne 2

Moving the other way with Mrs Max (An Aussie) next spring. Good luck.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
more than once I've thought about going the other way.
I always had you down for being the other way Jase, you big puff you.

:D