• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

bad feelings about season so far

i have noticed over the past few weeks that there has been quite a bit of bad feeling abut the season so far from city fans .
fans are calling for keepers to be dropped players to be dropped and questioning every players ability to perfoorme in this league.
is this because of the europia of last season coming back down ?
is it the team not performing to expectation?
is it that people feel that we should have more points or won more games ?
or is it just a few people that will always complain about the team when somthing bad has happend

because imo the season so far has been good we have matched nearly every team and are lying in 13th place can somone please tell me what is bad about that ?

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont think it's bad feeling, just frustration.
It depends on your outlook before we kicked off in L2 this season.
Some people thought we where just going to pick up where we left off and finish in the play-offs which on current form and woeful strikers strike-rate is a pipe dream

I felt we would finish 12-15th which I'm happy with as its a year of consolidation, and I don't see that changing. Maybe people get a little nervous with us suddenly not winning games at home after losing just two under Tiz in two years. Or that teams like Macclesfield and Chester who everybody wanted to play 3 weeks ago are ahead or level with us, but we just have to get used to being MAYBE a mid-table side this season after 5 years of competing in the business end of things in the Conference.I think its normal for anyone to point out that one goal in 7 games from our front men is awful and its natural to be frustrated , but i think its no more that that. Frustration.

dommers

I think it is because we have been winning comfortably in the last 5 years and suddenly, not surprising when we are in a higher league, we are beginning to struggle. Most of those moaning (at least those there on the day) probably rarely saw a conference game.

I dont think it's bad feeling, just frustration.
It depends on your outlook before we kicked off in L2 this season.
Some people thought we where just going to pick up where we left off and finish in the play-offs which on current form and woeful strikers strike-rate is a pipe dream

I felt we would finish 12-15th which I'm happy with as its a year of consolidation, and I don't see that changing. Maybe people get a little nervous with us suddenly not winning games at home after losing just two under Tiz in two years. Or that teams like Macclesfield and Chester who everybody wanted to play 3 weeks ago are ahead or level with us, but we just have to get used to being MAYBE a mid-table side this season after 5 years of competing in the business end of things in the Conference.I think its normal for anyone to point out that one goal in 7 games from our front men is awful and its natural to be frustrated , but i think its no more that that. Frustration.
ok but it somtimes sounds abit more than frustrating i mean i was frustrated on saturday but i picked myself up and said oh well its one game and besides we have had a gr8 start wheras my freinds were moaning all the way bk home on the bus

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
but we just have to get used to being MAYBE a mid-table side this season after 5 years of competing in the business end of things in the Conference.
Yep...Spot on...Mid table would be about right for this current squad....& dont forget our last seasons in the FL before relegation,were usually spent in the bottom 6...So mid table in the 4th tier of English football aint too bad,in the first season back.

Bob

From what I've seen so far, my disapointment stems from the fact that we are so close to be being a very useful L2 team, yet aren't quite getting there because of annoying silly errors, and the errors seem to be coming from accross the squad.

Yesterday is a prime example, everyone had their moments both good and bad, and that game was there for the taking, if only we could have played well for most of the 90 mins, instead of only half of them.

One can but hope that the players learn from the start of the season, and pick things up a bit well before Christmas. Then we could be in for an interesting season.....

Yep...Spot on...Mid table would be about right for this current squad....& dont forget our last seasons in the FL before relegation,were usually spent in the bottom 6...So mid table in the 4th tier of English football aint too bad,in the first season back.
agree i thnk the main problem is there is alot of expectation at the club to get promoted again or finish in a playoff place when we really arnt good enough and i dont think people realise that things take time and were not just going to get magically promoted again it takes time to build a squad capable of staying in league 1 because if we got promoted this season we would ost likely come stright back down and that would not be good for the club because at the moment we are a club on the up but if we got relagated nxt season it would change the outlook entirly

dommers

More importantly than the fact that we are not good enough is the fact that no one in their right mind should expect us to get promoted again as we will never be the type of club who chuck money at getting promoted. We need to build a new team over the next 1-2 seasons.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
No bad feelings, i think its a learning curve for the people in the squad and Tis himself, consolidation is the key and whilst it was disappointing to come away with a draw yesterday, if you'd have said we'd be 13th in league 2 this time last season, i would have bitten your hand off!

There is bound to be negativity, because we arent winning most games, but i think we will make steady progress this season, i get a feeling this league is going to be tough, but i think we will cope ok.

dommers

Why should there be negativity. Disappointment perhaps but not negativity.