• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A great day out

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just want to say that I thought the club, the ground and the fans were all brilliant yesterday. After a few drinks with STURTZ and Ben Wembley in the pub, headed for Red Square where I met many exewebbers - Joey (banned), Lammie and many others pre and post match. What a warm and welcoming bunch of people. Great to see the club shop with so many people in it spending money. And great to hear the Big Bank singing up during the game, some good efforts there. Great to see the team playing solidly and with confidence. Great to see Jonesy pluck some crosses out of the air and make one of the finest reaction saves (at his near post early second half) that I have ever seen live. Great to see Tully skip down the line past his opponent and get to the byline (second half). Great to see Matt Taylor finish like a striker on the second goal. Great to see Danny Seaborne look rock solid, calm and cool. Great to see Moxey's pinpoint cross for the first goal and Matt Gill's third in three so well headed in. Great to see Logan and Stansfield come on with a real intention of getting the job done (Logan's flicked header for the goal was brilliant). And Ryan Harley is clearly a bit special.

Disappointing to see us lose concentration for the last equaliser, we cannot 'switch off' like that in this division.

But all in all, I have many great memories now from yesterday and can't wait to see City again, though I may have to wait a while. We must move closer to England!

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Great to meet you yesterday mate, I love City matchdays and now you describe it, I feel lucky to able to go to all home games!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was good to meet you yesterday. I don't do enough home games, and yesterday wasn't planned. Turning in to St James Road each match day I go to, is such a great feeling and seeing all the City supporters around, helps you feel at home.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love coming "home" to Devon.

Everyone one of you who lives down there and are able to get to St JP for every home game are truly very lucky indeed. Exeter is a wonderful City and it makes me smile when I am there. When I win the lottery, I will be down there so fast....

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Great to meet you yesterday antman, I love your accent mm mmm

im going to live in exeter in the future as i love the atmosphere and cant get to enough games

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love your accent
Thanks Nursey! My accent is a mixture of about five different places and though I grew up in the west country my parents are not from there and speak a bit posh crossed with northern. Some people have told me since I moved to South Africa that my accent sounds South African which is a bit worrying though!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to meet you Antman and glad the sun was able to shine as well for your visit but was probably nowhere near as hot as it is in South Africa!! :D

STURTZ

Real pleasure to meet you Antman (Ben Wembley is just my **** take name for Ben!)

Would have loved to have chatted more but happy that I was able to show you all the passion and excitement of a match day at SJP. Just sorry that we couldn't end it with a win.

Best of luck to you mate, hope to see you again!

What the f*ck was Joey on about re your avatar being some kind of crustacean?!!!

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

I wish I'd know you were around antman. It would have been nice to have met you.