• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

London pub gig night after Barnet away

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
City play Barnet on Saturday 25th October, and I'm almost certain that we'll win.

To celebrate our first League game in London since Sean Devine salvaged a point at Leyton Orient, I'm proposing a post-match Camden pub gig night with a couple of good up-and-coming bands, maybe a bit of comedy or at least some ECFC-themed group banter and a DJ playing a nice eclectic mix of something for everyone. It'll be good, lively, happy, tipsy, Exetercity fun.

Timings would be a little earlier than usual for such an event (to allow those with a trip back to Exeter to get home before 2am), so something like:
Bar from 6pm / Bands and entertainment from 8pm / DJ from 10pm to approx 2am.

Ticket cost of £10 each (we'll have a vote on the night as to what to buy ECFC with the profits). We'd need to be reasonably strict on 18ys and over only, but if you're a little younger and normally get past pub security without a problem then feel free to take a chance...

Sorry to yet again float an idea on Exeweb just to test the water, but it is an easy way to get a feel for how many people may be interested, so over to you...

Any thoughts and provisional ticket orders?

Anyone in a band fancy opening the night for us? Anyone in or connected to a *very* good band fancy headlining the night for us?!! :)

Over to you. Replies on the thread or ping me a PM.

PS: In answer to a question quite a lot of people asked about the Wembley Green Man bash, I reckon most of us Exiles bauys would bring our other halves who are, generally, women. As such, I think the night should be reasonably female friendly. Of course, we could do a Warehouse-style "Laydeez first drink of the nite free" offer but that would be condescending wouldn't it? :)

papillon

Sounds good Alan. I will probably have 2 off you bauy. Paps

southamptongrecian

any of you Exiles got a spare sofa for the night.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for replies, bauys. Yes, there'd probably be offers of help on the sofa front.

However just a couple of replies from over 100 views suggests that most City fans have beeter ideas for a Saturday night out Up Lundin.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would have liked to but have been informed that our train back is just after 8 that day, shame cos it sounds like it would be a great laugh.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Al - I won't be at Barnet now, worse luck - the Bauys' match vs the GAWS in the Cup the next day has to take priority, but may be up for this. Of course if I attended it would be strictly shandies all round in order to keep a clear head... ;) Incidentally, anyone making a weekend of it is more than welcome to add a bit of vocal support to get us past the scum!

A few mates of mine are in a band that recently won the XFM Uploaded competition. Not sure their music is *quite* befitting the sort of party atmosphere needed for something like this, but I'd leave that for you to decide!

www.oneuniquesignal.com

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
However just a couple of replies from over 100 views suggests that most City fans have beeter ideas for a Saturday night out Up Lundin.
or possibly are regretting having relatives from far away visiting both this weekend and for the day of the Barnet game.Sigh!

Bathgrecian

Just thought Id let you know that Saturday night in Camden has a Irish music festival for free in loads of pubs- so if you are in the area it should be a great night.

Ian

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Should be plenty of Exiles in the Camden area on Saturday night, big weekend for Birthdays I believe...!