• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City's financial position

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Esteemed Trustees

Any idea when ECFC or the Trust are going to make a statement about the club's financial position, following the sale of George Friend?

Even after allocating some of the funds to prop up the wage bill - I'm guessing this will need to be done - will we shortly be debt-free and, if so, can we perhaps shout it from the f***ing rooftops!!! :)

Thanks
Alan

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Al. Will raise this with my BOS counterparts asap.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Martin. No huge rush, but any such announcement would, if managed well, get us strong local publicity and, with many of the nationals wringing their hands over the billions being spent in the Premiership, our story might get an airing in the Guardian, Times or D/Tel.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will ask the question, though would say this really should come from the club.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any news please Martin?

Al

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe get an answer at the fan's forum on Thursday.

Saint James

Any news please Martin?

Al
Alan, this has been raised by Trustees to the club at least twice. I am hoping that the fans Forum is seen as the 'vehicle' to be used to answer the point. However, should it not then there is an open Q&A session.

Tony

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are we not getting a reply due to the poor relationship between the Trust and the Finance Director?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
There isn't really a poor relationship with the finance director, in fact I would say that the BOS has a pretty good relationship with Steve Williams (HE IS COMING TO OUR NEXT BOS MEETING TO DISCUSS FINANCES AND GROUND REDEVELOPMENT). The problem is more a the lack of communication (not just between Steve and the Trust but within the club as a whole).

GJW

There isn't really a poor relationship with the finance director, in fact I would say that the BOS has a pretty good relationship with Steve Williams (HE IS COMING TO OUR NEXT BOS MEETING TO DISCUSS FINANCES AND GROUND REDEVELOPMENT). The problem is more a the lack of communication (not just between Steve and the Trust but within the club as a whole).
So, there isn't a poor relationship with SW but there is a lack of communication. Which is more important? Both concurrently I would have said.

There is a lack of communication within the Club as a whole? Is this supposed to give us confidence about the way the Club and Trust are working with each other or how the Club is working within itself.

I feel a little uncomfortable reading these comments and I hope that there aren't any problems behind the scenes. Please put my mind at rest and tell me that I haven't read your statement above correctly. It's just that it seems to be written that way.