• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor & Steve Basham

hillview red

2 things.....

1) I thought Matt Taylor was outstanding today. He won countless headers and has been an absolute rock again this season. Friend and Seaborne have received a number of (deserved) plaudits this campaign but Taylor has also been great IMHO. For me, he has been Tis's best signing (quite a statement considering he signed Mr Edwards) - a real find.

2) I miss Steve Basham. Last season when he played well, we scored buckets and strikers loved him! Stewart has played every minute of every game so far this season and I'm not sure why if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong, he's been good but I think we miss Bash. I wonder if Marcus has something in his contract or whether Tis is a little intimidated by his wealth of experience.

I'm not getting at Marcus but I think Bash could make the difference and I really hope that Tis and Bash haven't fallen out.

Last edited:
how about a pairi9ng with stansfield

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
A d*ckie bird told me today that Bash is off on loan somwhere. Don't know how true it is though.

surf123

2 things.....

1) I thought Matt Taylor was outstanding today. He won countless headers and has been an absolute rock again this season. Friend and Seaborne have received a number of (deserved) plaudits this campaign but Taylor has also been great IMHO. For me, he has been Tis's best signing (quite a statement considering he signed Mr Edwards) - a real find.
/QUOTE]

I thought both our CB's were solid today. Last season everyone was raving about the pairing of the CB's and both are proving to be solid. taylor has been slightly more exposed this season as tulls has been targetted as the weaker link on the right hand side. Making him more vunerable and blamed for leaking a few goals. But today Taylor proved he can be a force in front of the goal. Which I think we lack. Our CB's don't miss many headers and look confident dealing with the league 2 .
Keep Harley takin the corners and Taylor and seaborne are a massive threat from corners.

Bash also missed as watson and Stewart too similar players and with Bash on the pitch I feel he gives us something different. Hope he doesn't go out on loan as would like to see him involved more.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant believe Bash is going out on loan. That's just stupid.
Dont think it will hurt to drop Stewart at all. Maybe he needs it.

Grecian_Harryj

I was saying that tis and Bash might have had a fall out cos i can'r see why Tis has left Basham out the squad

finetime

I can't believe Bash hasn't got a look so far, especially after his red hot pre-season.

If I were him I'd be mightily ****** off and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan.

Shame.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 things.....

2) I miss Steve Basham. Last season when he played well, we scored buckets and strikers loved him! Stewart has played every minute of every game so far this season and I'm not sure why if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong, he's been good but I think we miss Bash. I wonder if Marcus has something in his contract or whether Tis is a little intimidated by his wealth of experience.

I'm not getting at Marcus but I think Bash could make the difference and I really hope that Tis and Bash haven't fallen out.
I recently posted on a different thread about why Stewart has started, and finished, most, if not all, of the games so far this season and I too would like Basham to come back into the reckoning.

tisdale 1

Resigned
i really do think next week basham has to play start him and put stewart on the bench we need to try different striker partnerships upfront until we get a scoring one.

as for manny i think we could do with his strength in midfield in this league,you can see the difference by how easy harley is knocked off the ball and most players even give robbo a good battle!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
i really do think next week basham has to play start him and put stewart on the bench we need to try different striker partnerships upfront until we get a scoring one.

as for manny i think we could do with his strength in midfield in this league,you can see the difference by how easy harley is knocked off the ball and most players even give robbo a good battle!
I think you will see Stewart starting at Macclesfield and Bash going out on loan. Nailed on.

Last edited: