• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uefa cup

tisdale 1

Resigned
anyone taking any interest this year.

with the amount of english teams in it i see no reason why one of them should not go the whole way.the clubs in it this year will give it a go,as they no this is a very good chance of silverware.(unlike bolton)

and villa are one down at the moment

ECFC TOM

Only interested in the English teams in it. Man Citeh are on tonight aren't they?

tisdale 1

Resigned
sky one i think at 6

Grecian_Harryj

Aston villa playing right now on channel five

ECFC TOM

I used to like the UEFA Cup when it was a knockout competiton, but now with the groups you have to watch some Danish no hopers play for 3 games.

tisdale 1

Resigned
TBH half the teams in this cup are no hopers why do you think there in it.

ECFC TOM

TBH half the teams in this cup are no hopers why do you think there in it.
Fair point, but do they really need group games to determine who the best teams are in this competition. It would be a lot quicker and easier to play it in a knockout format.

tisdale 1

Resigned
no is the answer as you have pointed out the group stages are pointless team wise but very useful to tv companys and uefa the old format was so much better

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on no hopers! :D ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
sky one i think at 6
Ah, more Sky dirty tricks eh? Virgin Media subscribers can get Sky Sports, but not Sky 1.

A bit like now they often put top matches on Sky Sports 2 - meaning you have to fork out an extra wedge in most cases.