• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fred Murray....

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
....has agreed terms on a short-term contract until Christmas.

Quoted in the E & E as saying "The ball is in my court. It will be based on my performances and if my performances are good enough then we can sit down sooner rather than later and look at doing something long-term."

tisdale 1

Resigned
lets hope he can add something then we really do need to shape up at the back.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback from former clubs suggests he's a good player, very whole-hearted ("a nutter" was the view in certain cases!), but got knocked sideways by injuries in recent seasons.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
A left back is what we needed, (Sorry Moxey, but you're hopeless there) so hopfully he'll soon be ready, willing and able to get a game.

Good luck Freddy boy !

fred binneys head

We need more nutters.

Antony Moxey

And we're also short on players knocked sideways by injuries in recent seasons too.......

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If he can play left back get him in & push moxey on.

he aint a fullback.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
A left back is what we needed, (Sorry Moxey, but you're hopeless there)
That's very harsh on Moxey. He has played almost as many games there as at left mid and always looked solid enough. Granted, in the games he has played there this season he hasn't looked right but i maintain that this is down to a lack of fitness having come back from a broken foot, thus missing pre-season, combined with a step up to a higher level.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Imho Moxey is more wasted at left back than anything else. He is quite effective going forward and ejoys that role. Leave LB to someone else.

ECFC TOM

Imho Moxey is more wasted at left back than anything else. He is quite effective going forward and ejoys that role. Leave LB to someone else.
Agree. Moxey scored a few golas last season and LB is not his best position. I would still like to see Obersteller given a go