• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ten Tors 2009

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I started my training last week
and i'm doing it on my trike (like the ones you see on the paralympics)
Its 8 miles!

I have never done anything like this, its very hard (as i cant walk) but i am determend to do it.
I will take it to the max and i dont care if i get any injuries - sport hurts so play hard or go home!

I will keep you up to date with my progress

I hope to raise money for West of England school and Exeter City Disabled Supporters Association

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good for you Greg!! Hope it all goes well :D

Last edited:

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good for you Greg!! Hope it all goes well :D
Thanks mate

Nik Nak

Good luck Greg all the best to you how do we exewebbers get to sponsor you? 2 great causes you are working to raise money for.

NN

GJW

Best of luck Greg. I hope the weather is good for you in May 2009. Aren't you starting your training a bit early? Normally training starts later in the year doesn't it? Either way, you'll feel better for it if you have had a head start.

I did the 35 mile event in 1982 and 1983, and the 45 mile event in 1985. I also did a special one-off in 2000 for adults (35 miles). It's a great endurance event for all abilities and the memories are with you forever. Brilliant times.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck Greg all the best to you how do we exewebbers get to sponsor you? 2 great causes you are working to raise money for.

NN
Thanks Nik Nak
I am not sure but we will find a way
Cheers
Greg

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best of luck Greg. I hope the weather is good for you in May 2009. Aren't you starting your training a bit early? Normally training starts later in the year doesn't it? Either way, you'll feel better for it if you have had a head start.

I did the 35 mile event in 1982 and 1983, and the 45 mile event in 1985. I also did a special one-off in 2000 for adults (35 miles). It's a great endurance event for all abilities and the memories are with you forever. Brilliant times.
God you did well
Alot of people are suprised cos all they see me in is my powerchair! I dont think they think i can do 8 miles, i know i couldnt do 35!

GJW

8 miles for you will be as tough as 35 miles was for me, I'm sure. I'll certainly sponsor you once you find a way of sorting it out. I'll sponsor you a fiver. PM me to let me know how to get the money to you nearer the time. Good luck with the training.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
8 miles for you will be as tough as 35 miles was for me, I'm sure. I'll certainly sponsor you once you find a way of sorting it out. I'll sponsor you a fiver. PM me to let me know how to get the money to you nearer the time. Good luck with the training.
Will do
Thanks
:)

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Todays update-
No training today, the only thing i'm doing is using my finger for the TV and radio remote control!