• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

goodbye echo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats it, finally deleted the express and echo from my 'favorites' and wont be looking at them online any more.
Totally totally, fed up with reading and the 'full story will appear in tomorrows paper'.

Brian Moore

Yeah, cant imagine why a newspaper wouldnt print everything online for free rather then sell a paper copy at 35p a go, doesnt make any sense does it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the old thing, of publishing the stories in full later in the day, was a fair compromise. That way people who wanted the hard copy edition could buy it earlier, and those of us from afar who wished to keep abreast of matters Exonian could do so later.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
This has to be the most pointless thread going :S

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
You're right there, Mr Zider.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, actually, should be moved. Hang on a sec...

older-codger

Have to agree. It's fine if you're in the area, but the option of buying it to read the full story is not avialable at a distance. Would'nt mind if the full story was a day late but frankly, the taster they put on line at present is worse than useless. WMN manages to put full stories up and is far superior.

Lister

Uh, the full stories are available after the day of publication. The Fred targets a Grecians deal from Wednesday is now available for instance.

Why on earth you'd want to read it though is another matter!

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, cant imagine why a newspaper wouldnt print everything online for free rather then sell a paper copy at 35p a go, doesnt make any sense does it.
Its called the future ,unfortunately the days of the newspaper are numbered, the internet is the future, advertising and and new larger markets offering new forms of revenue are available. For those willing to source them and invest now, it will reap its rewards in the future.
As of today, will read the w.m ns. on line edition. which makes it even more frustrating because that means the group's ok with publishing the full story its just the echo, that's deluded and thinks everyone's going to run out and buy a paper !!!

Last edited:

older-codger

Uh, the full stories are available after the day of publication. The Fred targets a Grecians deal from Wednesday is now available for instance.

Why on earth you'd want to read it though is another matter!
Well so it is! Though actually it's two days later since it was originally Wednesday even though they still carried it as headlines yesterday.

As for reading it a day late - I like to be informed of general news as well as sport.