• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The refs

ECFC JP

Silly one i know. But do you think you think the refs in the league are better than the conference refs. I think so far No. But it is very early on in the season.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
No at the moment, diabolical decisions that even I could make.

Last edited:

steve

Go on then Josh, try it.

Grecian_Harryj

That is a tough one, cos the one against Shrewsbury and Accrington were dreadful but i can remember some woeful performances from the conference refs

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting to note that we appeared to have Lee Phillips refereeing at Bournemouth.

Certainly don't remember any particular issues with him. But then I thought most of the Refs in the Conference were fine - 'twas the linos that gave me kittens.

Scooterboy 65

I heard that some of the Refs have been promoted up a league like us.
Possibly the Ref against Luton was one

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On the other hand, my "favourite" Ref from our first season in the Conference, Mr Melin, has been demoted back to the Conference.

How I laughed...

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Heard a great story about Oli Langford, the ref who didn't give the "Pen" against Luton. Some of you will know that he reffed us in the conference last year (at home to York IIRC).

Anyway, at the end of each season, the League adds up the marks awarded by assessors, and invites the top 15 to come for interview and assessment for promotion. Of those 15, 9 get selected for the football league.

The story I heard was that Mr. Langford wasn't in the top 15.

However, close to the time that the interviews and assessments were taking place, one of the top 15 pulled out, and so they called up the ref who was number 16 on the list.

You can guess the rest.

tisdale 1

Resigned
there are very shocking, the ref on saturday was a bottler he should of giving us a pen and there player should of walk.if you dont give them to a league 2 at home what chance does the away team stand! but that one at darlo was probley the best i have seen for a few seasons didnt get nought wrong and the linesmen kept up with play to which no others have done since.

also the ref on saturday was from devon...plymuff anyone *-)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He reffed us twice last season - curiously both were Setanta games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/refs2.sd?refid=1070