• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham (4th October)

C

Chris_Ray

Afternoon all, Gillingham fan in peace.

Good to have you back in the league, attended an Exeter friendly against Sunderland a few years back, I think it was 5-0 to the Black Cats, but we'll gloss over that.

Hailing from Gloucestershire, I'm obviously grateful for any Gills away games in the south-west, I'll (hopefully) be coming to the match from Taunton next month via train.

Just wondering what the walk to the ground is like from St. Davids station?

Cheers and all the best (Other than the 4th of next month!)

Chris

newburygrecian

Just wondering what the walk to the ground is like from St. Davids station?
Lengthy and uphill. Try and get a train to the actual St James Park station, which is right next to the ground.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very scenic... oh no wait, thats Tiverton Parkway ;) ....
I hope your not taking the missus as there are quite a few shops on the way if you walk through the hight street.

since62

in the red &white with Daughter At the Home Of Foo
Lengthy and uphill. Try and get a train to the actual St James Park station, which is right next to the ground.
The price is actually the same as If going to Exeter St Davids then you only need to walk about 50 yards to the ground and a further couple if hundred yards to go to the St James centre, where away fans are welcome for a drink! can recommend the 12.17 from Taunton :)

Grecian_Harryj

Just go to St James park station which is 5 yards from the ground

C

Chris_Ray

Nice one, cheers all!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Assuming you're in a similar league position when we play you, how many do you think you'll bring?

C

Chris_Ray

Our away turnout has always been very good both numerically and vocally considering what has been dire away form over the last few years (I was at BOTH our away wins last season!) so I would expect we will bring a fair few from Kent.

As a rough guide, we took over 1,200 to Bournemouth on the opening day, speaking neutrally - I'm a sports journalist - our away support is amongst the best I've encountered.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
By the way Chris, to get to St James Park you need to get the Exmouth train. They go regularly, two stops away from St Davids. Or it is about a half an hour walk to the ground from St Davids, twenty minutes if you a fast walker

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is about a half an hour walk to the ground from St Davids, twenty minutes if you're a fast walker
And around 48 minutes if you're Gozzer :D