• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mascot Grand National - 5th October 2008 - SPONSORSHIP NEEDED

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Yes folks, it's that time of year again and for the second year running yours truly will be taking part in the above event at Huntingdon racecourse in Cambridgeshire, aiming to improve on last year's finish of around 13th. With a good opportunity to represent the club, there was no way once again that your favourite mascot was going to turn down the opportunity.

Last year we raised over £210, so fingers crossed we can better that this year! This year's chosen charity is the Willow Foundation, a charity dedicated to improving the quality of life of seriously ill adults aged 16 to 40 by organising and funding a 'special day' of their choice.

I have set up a Just Giving page here if you wish to make your donations online, or if you can't see me before the day of the race. Alternatively, you can catch me at any of the games in the next few weeks and give me your sponsorship money then.

Many thanks for your sponsorship guys, it is much appreciated. Any chance of a sticky mods?

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stick me down for a fiver, Sums. :)

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for getting the ball rolling Gail. :)

Many thanks to Robbo for his donation too. Keep them coming!

Last edited:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
£5 from me Sums - I'm over that weekend (gillingham)-

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stick to the course and watch out for the life sciences place.

They'll have you on 20 a day before you can say....anything.

Last edited:
Im in for a five spot again sums

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sums, I assume you have a sponsor sheet on which to list our pledges?
Bring it along tonight and we can ask a few people to sign it. :)

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I don't at the moment, but i'll bring a pen and paper and I can make a note of them. :)

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Right, I collected a total of £56 in pledges tonight, of which £8 has been paid, taking the current total to £14.41 paid, and £70.41 including pledges, which is a cracking start. Many thanks everyone, I will post a full list tomorrow when I'm not too tired!

Like I said though, if you wish to sponsor me either catch me at a game in the next few weeks or donate via the website: http://www.justgiving.com/grecianthelion

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you see me on saturday baby i'll give you some currency