• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'm sorry but this forward line just isn't good enough

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, three games gone, one goal scored by a defender and one by a midfielder and today you could see why.

Not only did our front men barely if ever test the keeper with a shot on target, their movement off the ball was non existent and they won nothing in the air all afternoon. Tho Harley's passing was below par there were enough others doing good work in keeping the supply going (Tully, Friend, Edwards, Gill) but between the three of them the forwards contrived to create nothing.

Stansfield and Logan are looking exactly what they are - players who have peaked in the Conference and sadly aren't up to league standard. It is horrible to have to say this to two fantastic players who have both done a huge amount to turn this club around, but regrettably it's true.

Marcus Stewart, for all his pedigree, doesn't seem anything special so far..

So with Macca susopended and presumably Moxey not yet fully fit, how about Basham Watson and Stewart to start next week - it can't be any worse than todays performance..

tisdale 1

Resigned
something needs to change tactics maybe or a few players changes yes it is not good enough but lets not start bollocking the lads and giving them a hard time.

Joshyd123

I've said all day that Basham, Logan and Watson should start together in the next few games.

first post

Marcus Stewart, for all his pedigree, doesn't seem anything special so far..
Are you sure you are watching the same Marcus stewart I am? He seems if anything too many steps ahead of our players on most occasions.

Red the Paper

Banned
For all our nice play we do look less than threatening up front. Logan bumbles around IMO and should have been subbed early today.

They had two chances, hit the woodwork once (Edwards sleeping at a throw in and letting his man go unmarked) and scored the other.

Not impressed today

Joshyd123

Logan is definitely not a bloody right winger :mad:

Play Logie down the centre with Stewart and Stanno feeding off him if them 3 are to stay up front for the Shrews game on Tuesday.

grecianite

Trust in Tis!!

Still very early days and this is a big step up for the team. It's clear to see we have a good team and in time when we start scoring we'll fly up the league.

In Tis we Trust!

Logantime

Logan or macca need to be playin down the middle if crosses are coming in you need and ariel presence. it's not the strikers fault its the way the are being told to play

first post

Logan or macca need to be playin down the middle if crosses are coming in you need and ariel presence. it's not the strikers fault its the way the are being told to play
Dont agree entirely with your statement there. Your mate found himself in the box on several occasions in the second half and on the end of crosses coming in from the wing he was just unable to make a good connection. On another day he would have scored.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Logan is definitely not a bloody right winger :mad:

Play Logie down the centre with Stewart and Stanno feeding off him if them 3 are to stay up front for the Shrews game on Tuesday.
That comment reminded me of how we played at the start of last season during the midfield injury crisis(strikers as midfielders).Tis learnt from that & I would expect him to do the same here.I just dont understand how Basham isnt getting into the team after how many goals he scored in preseason,same could be said for Mac to a lesser extent (but isnt he going ot serve a 3 match ban now?Have to wait & find out).

Last edited: