• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Square Trial

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.exetercityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~1375738,00.html

This has been talked about for some time. Would be great to think that this could work and maybe attract a few more people to the club early.

Thoughts anyone?

ECFC JP

Yeah it might work but you dont wanta take away form the match. Agree

ECFC Steve

I think its an excellent idea, all i have to say really :D.

I think this is a great idea and will be trying it out this Saturday. Needs to be well advertised though, after all there must be many Grecians who are not on line. Will this be in the Echo, does anyone know?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will speak to our press officer and see if we can get it in the local press. We can but ask!

old and grey

great great idea.I liked the barbeque before the shrewsbury game, the ice cream stand was less appealing on a cloudy day, but well done to the club for trying new things out, When we had the the ideas forum about snacks on match days, i put forward a fish and chip outlet, but was gunned down.I also suggested going amongst the big bankers and the away end, before the match, and at half time, with peanuts,crisps, popcorn etc, [which was certainly done when i watched Crystal palace in the early sixties,] but was told it was too much cleaning up of peanut shells after the game.WELL, SELL EM OUT OF THE SHELLS FOR CHRISTS SAKE. You only have to go to a fairground to see what can be done in catering over a very short period, and i know the huge mark up on popcorn and candy floss etc, having a long time ago owned and manned both these stalls in this area at fetes, etc.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best profit is made from tea and coffee.

The Governor

Anything that speeds up getting a drink pre-match is a good thing. The length of queues in the SJC put a lot of people off (this is not a dig at the staff who do a grand job but it is the layout of the building which does not help and we cannot do anything about that)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Top idea! The SJC gets overcrowded and sweaty [H].

MikeB

Will it sell meat and potatio pies, mushy peas and gravy?