• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Appledore FC

GJW

My adopted 2nd team for this season. I didn't realise the ground was so close to my house. It is a 10 minute walk, which not only makes it my nearest Football Club but also the Clubhouse is my nearest local (on a Saturday afternoon anyway).

So, when I can't get to City I shall pop along there when they are at home. £2-50 entry (including programme) and the bar opens at 13-30 (smashing!).

First match of the new season today and they played the University of Exeter away, and won 5-1. Next Saturday I'll be in Bournemouth watching City but will have half an ear on Appledore v Exmouth (Antony Moxey's home town). Be good to get one over on them. I also see they play Crediton away on a Friday evening before Christmas (chance to meet up with some Credy Exewebbers I think).

The one to definitely win is against Okehampton Argyle (what sort of a name is that?). They deserve to be trounced.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
What league?

grecIAN Harris

Peninsular East. Bloody awful pitch. Slopes from one end to the other and rolls around all over the place.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Played there before and the pitch is sh*te.

GJW

Played there before and the pitch is sh*te.
The pitch, at the moment, is in very good condition. Admit that it is not the flattest and you do need oxygen at the highest end, but the grass looks lovely.

Credy, up for a bit of rivalry when they play Crediton? I'll wager a pint.

Swanaldo

I also see they play Crediton away on a Friday evening before Christmas.
What's the date for this, Gary? I reckon a couple pints of fine ale in the Crediton Inn wouldn't go amiss.

GJW

Friday 24th October CREDITON UNITED v APPLEDORE 7.30 PM

Does thee wish to wager a pint of ale also?

If you're free I'll PM you nearer the date to meet up for a pint, a bit of banter and some grass-roots football (does grass-roots mean crap football?)

Swanaldo

I agree with everything in your post, Gary.

Except I thought Grass Roots was a sub-genre of reggae.

A Slacker

Took in a couple of pre-season games at Appledore during the tournament in July and thought it was a great set-up. Yes the pitch is a bit all over the place but how refreshing to be able to sit on the grass in the sun and watch a game of football. It was great. People were very friendly too.

grecIAN Harris

You ought to trying playing against them and then find out whether they're freindly or not. After the game is fine but they're horrible f***ers during it.