• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

away attendance

mmmcheese

does anyone know wat the average away attendance was for last year?

Grecian_Harryj

what for Exeter city or the people coming down to us?

mmmcheese

what for Exeter city or the people coming down to us?
for the traveling exeter people

eurogrecian

It was 434, but this is distorted by the big turnouts at Torquay and Weymouth. If you take these two out of the equation, the average was 333.

Lowest was the messed around, televised York game (76), highest was Weymouth (1590).

[PS All figures unofficial! - but recovered from the most authoritative sources at the time]

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
As for our visitors, if you take out the distortion of Torquay, Weymouth and Aldershot it was one man and his dog. :D At least this year there will be a couple of bus loads coming down most weeks (apart from the non league sides living above their station).

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was 434, but this is distorted by the big turnouts at Torquay and Weymouth. If you take these two out of the equation, the average was 333.

Lowest was the messed around, televised York game (76), highest was Weymouth (1590).
Yep..That 330 odd is not too far out i expect...There were some cracking followings last season...FGR & Salisbury were pretty good & even Cambridge on a Tues night had a good turnout..

The only other fixture i can think of,with a sub 200 following,was the game at Farsley..

mmmcheese

[PS All figures unofficial! - but recovered from the most authoritative sources at the time]
thanks dude

eurogrecian

The only other fixture i can think of,with a sub 200 following,was the game at Farsley..
I reckon there might be a few more than that:

Farsley 112
Cambridge 145
Northwich 150 and
Halifax 150

The Histon figure I have was 203, so it was lucky that that one of the few games that I was able to get to (with a couple of friends) as it enabled us to top the 200 mark!

Red the Paper

Banned

Attendances include all games not just the ones you wish to choose because it makes the average smaller or higher than you want. If your figures are correct then the average is indeed 434.

Obviously away attendance figures only show those actually paying through the away turnstiles and would not include City fans in the home enclosures/hospitality fans/neutrals in the home ends who were dragged along by their parents but secretly have a hankering for Exeter City. Based on my calculations I make our correct average away following to be 785.

Lyme Grecian

I reckon there might be a few more than that:

Farsley 112
Cambridge 145
Northwich 150 and
Halifax 150

The Histon figure I have was 203, so it was lucky that that one of the few games that I was able to get to (with a couple of friends) as it enabled us to top the 200 mark!
At Farsley, after they announced the away figure i thought it was wrong,
so i started to count the city fans and got to well over 170 before i gave
up.