• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reserved seats

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes I know it's a friendly, but can't the club operate the same as it does for cup games in that ST holders get to sit in their own seats? Pain in the arse tonight with people not being able to get to their regular seats and thus having to find somewhere else to sit throughout the stand.

Especially annoying was the glory hunter sat in my seat - fortunately Charlotte and Harry's were both empty so me and Charlotte sat there. 'Someone's sitting there' said the bloke in the next seat along. 'Yeah me, it's my seat.' I replied. Grrr. And then of course quite a few of those sat around us proceeded to spend the majority of the game trying to identify the Portsmouth players.

Bloody 'big' friendlies - give me Truro and Weston any day......

mmmcheese

dude weres the love? i understand they were in ur seat but how do u no they aint just moved down here or just started watching football with all the city hype. how were they ment to no they were in ur seats? im sure if ud asked them nicely they would have moved if it means this much to u? if they dont move, then u can beat the...

anyway the point being if they were new its not a very gd 1st impression if u really love the club and im sure u do wats the harm in being nice? mayb there come back again?

even if they were glory hunter come to c portsmouth in my eyes that great to more money for the club and mayb after our teams gd display there come back again.

muppetdodger

dude weres the love? i understand they were in ur seat but how do u no they aint just moved down here or just started watching football with all the city hype. how were they ment to no they were in ur seats? im sure if ud asked them nicely they would have moved if it means this much to u? if they dont move, then u can beat the...

anyway the point being if they were new its not a very gd 1st impression if u really love the club and im sure u do wats the harm in being nice? mayb there come back again?

even if they were glory hunter come to c portsmouth in my eyes that great to more money for the club and mayb after our teams gd display there come back again.
Why cant people speak in English, instead of this text rubbish?

Antony Moxey

how were they ment to no they were in ur seats?
It says season ticket holder on it and has my name on it. All they had to do was make regular tannoy announcements to not sit in reserved seating.

Speaking of which, what an utter shocker the tannoy was. Fullsy would have been clearer if he'd just stood there with a megaphone.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I know it's a friendly, but can't the club operate the same as it does for cup games in that ST holders get to sit in their own seats? Pain in the arse tonight with people not being able to get to their regular seats and thus having to find somewhere else to sit throughout the stand.

Especially annoying was the glory hunter sat in my seat - fortunately Charlotte and Harry's were both empty so me and Charlotte sat there. 'Someone's sitting there' said the bloke in the next seat along. 'Yeah me, it's my seat.' I replied. Grrr. And then of course quite a few of those sat around us proceeded to spend the majority of the game trying to identify the Portsmouth players.

Bloody 'big' friendlies - give me Truro and Weston any day......
How much money did the club make last night? How many 'glory hunters' might come back for the Saints game? We now have to compete with much wealthier League clubs so in my mind every £10 counts, no matter where it comes from.

Were all the season ticket holders there? Think not. So do we turn away paying punters and leave seats empty?

Last edited:

Gussy

It says season ticket holder on it and has my name on it. All they had to do was make regular tannoy announcements to not sit in reserved seating.

Speaking of which, what an utter shocker the tannoy was. Fullsy would have been clearer if he'd just stood there with a megaphone.
You're sounding a bit snobby! Did your saeson ticket give you entry or did you have to pay? If you had to pay, which I think you did, your season ticket was invalid for that game, making the seating available to all!!

Antony Moxey

Were all the season ticket holders there? Think not. So do we turn away paying punters and leave seats empty?
Why would we be turning punters away? If every single season ticket holder for every part of the ground turned up, they still wouldn't even half fill the Doble stand. Also, apparently, there were about 3000 empty spaces last night anyway - I'm sure the plastics who turned up to see Crouch signing autographs (aww, shame you paid all that money and he didn't play <snigger>) could have quite easily fitted in those.

crocks

I find it strange that people will go along to a football stadium and think nothing of sitting in seats marked "Reserved". But you wouldnt go to a restaurant and sit at a table marked "Reserved"....same principle.

Antony Moxey

You're sounding a bit snobby! Did your saeson ticket give you entry or did you have to pay? If you had to pay, which I think you did, your season ticket was invalid for that game, making the seating available to all!!
Another who cannot get his head around reading a post and and understanding what it says before rushing to the keyboard. As I said in the OP, I am fully aware that it was only a pre season friendly (and thus a season ticket is invalid, although last year we got a friendly of our choice for free, but that's another story), and said couldn't the club have operated in the same way as it does for cup games? Season tickets aren't valid for them either.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Why cant people speak in English, instead of this text rubbish?
Exactly, I've kept really quiet on this for a while, mainly because I don't wanna receive points.

It really annoys me the amount of people who can't use proper english on here. I've had to put a fair few people on ignore because of it, including mmmcheese.......