• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Canham

Langer

Probley old news but i don`t mind putting my head on the block!!
Hes going to have a trial at Yeovil.
Only a matter of time before he playing full time?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probley old news but i don`t mind putting my head on the block!!
Hes going to have a trial at Yeovil.
Only a matter of time before he playing full time?
Sean Canham, a missed opportunity, remember where you heard it first !

Gozzer

Sean Canham, a missed opportunity, remember where you heard it first !
That's always the risk when you let a player go. In this case, its no more a risk than he might end up getting a trial with Yeovil...

Time will tell.

Poultice

That's always the risk when you let a player go. In this case, its no more a risk than he might end up getting a trial with Yeovil....
Ooooooooooh !

It won't end there.

I hope there is another reason we have not signed him other than we didn't want to.

I think we have signed Ben Watson based on the goals he scored at Bognor, and McCallister on the type of player he is i.e. he should fit the system Tis wants to play next season. Canham scores more goals than both put together, whilst having every McCallister brings to the table and more, IMHO.

But as you rightly point out, time will tell.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I would liken Canham more to Benson of Dag & Red, who astounded me by being so successful despite apparently having very few attributes as a Footballer. Canham is 100x better than Benson IMO.

Of course, for the true king of releasing players who turn out to do pretty well, you need really to look at the man recently re-appointed at Stevenage. Amongst the players he released: DJ Campbell! There were others too, can't remember who though.

EDIT: I wonder if Leyton Orient and particularly Kidderminster look at Billy Jones with these same thoughts?

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

very surprised that Tisdale hadn't got in there first. Canham's much more of a 'Tis' player than Mccallister.

Maybe it's a come-get-me action on Sean's behalf?

Lister

Maybe "we" ruined any chance of Sean coming back here after the way he was treated?

CC

Well if Tis doesn't pick him up from Team Bath he isn't going to pick him up from anywhere.
That suggests to me he doesn't rate him sufficiently.

kuznetsov

I can't believe he keeps being mentioned on here. Canham was awful when he was with us - slow, ineffective...

Mr Jinx

Maybe "we" ruined any chance of Sean coming back here after the way he was treated?
He's probably not up to football at a higher level then if he's that easily affected by the odd boo boy.