• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Being realistic..................

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
.......which two two teams do we think we can finish above next season so that we can continue to live the dream ?

I would say perm two from Accy, Chester, Dagenham and Macclesfield.

Our lack of signings, other than McCallister, seems to indicate that Tis will not be targetting promotion, the squad we have can Shirley not compete with the likes of AFC Bournemouth, Luton, Gillingham, Port Vale and Wycombe.

Last edited:

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Accy will struggle on and stay up, just.

Aren't Chester in bad ways? Think they might be off down.

My tips being Chester and the Daggers.

Joshyd123

Do you not realise there is still 4 months left for new signings?

Strewth.

londonboy80

For me a top half finish next year would be a great achievement. I agree that I cannot see us competing with sides like Bournemouth and Port Vale but I'm certain that we'll be better than at least half a dozen sides. Aren't Luton starting on -15? When is that going to be confirmed? Anyway I think a good start to the season is key: hopefully the wave of optimism on the back of this year's success will enable us to do well early in the season. A poor start and we'll soon crash back down to reality, but I'm quietly confident we'll be ok. I think the fixture list we get could be quite important actually, i.e it would be better if we played some of the poorer outfits first to get points on the board rather than have to travel to the likes of Port Vale early on

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think hope form is critical, We should be aiming for 10 home wins, With a possible 5 draws. Of course it never works out like that but it would be nice.

Mr Jinx

Macc & Daggers for me.

thonk

Our lack of signings, other than McCallister, seems to indicate that Tis will not be targetting promotion.
********, come on.

Lack of signings?!!

Compared to WHO?

Half full? Half empty? Rubbish. The glass is smashed on the ground with you somtimes, I mean really!

I do however agree that 1st things first. When Sir Bobby was managing Newcastle and they reached 50 points and off to a flying start, all he had to say to his team after that game was 'Well, that's relegation out of the way.'

We need to take each hurdle in it's turn and give each problem our full attention.

1. Avoid relegation.
2. Get Athena back or another like-minded & proportioned individual in.

Football, done.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel with a few more good signings we will finish in the top half of the table, although I do look at the league and feel it will be a tough season.

Phil Sayers

I don't think we will face a struggle against relegation. I fancy us to finish anywhere between 10th and 18th if we make a couple (and I do mean only a couple) of new signings. Don't think we would be relegated even if we sign nobody.

Luton and Bournemouth will both probably start on minus 15 although I can see one or both shaking it off and finishing near the top ala Leeds. Dag & Red; Chester; Macclesfield; Accrington; Morecambe; Aldershot; Barnet; Notts County - with only two going down I don't see it happening to us. No Conference side has ever gone straight back down.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

Our lack of signings, other than McCallister, seems to indicate that Tis will not be targetting promotion, the squad we have can Shirley not compete with the likes of AFC Bournemouth, Luton, Gillingham, Port Vale and Wycombe.
:D:D

Keep the faith Poult. I know very little (read nothing) about L2, so can;t comment on where we can or can;t finish. All I know is that Tis will not tread water.

Last edited: