• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mark Ellis

S

ST JAMES

on torquay.net there is a thread on mark ellis who has not been offered a contract by bolton so is going to sign for city or torquay at end of week or something.i cant post link so if someone else could i would be grateful.it goes along the lines of a few of them having spoken to him and the turks and us have both giving him a contract offer.below is the quote

Ellis has been offer a 3 yr deal from us but also from Exeter. So I guess we will have to wait until after tomorrow to find out if we are still in the running

I'm not to bothered if he signs or not. Ellis was class when he first played but lost the plot (like many others) towards the end of the season.

But he must have some ability for Bolton to pay £90k for him. Hopefully next season he will be back to his best along with our change in style (fingers crossed) if he stays

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

S

ST JAMES

that would be the one true or not i do not no??

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
that would be the one true or not i do not no??
This would suggest so.

rogerc

I'd take Stelios as well!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think he would want to stay at Torquay. His performance has suffered towards the end of the season. The TUFC set up doesn't really develop young players (no proper youth policy, and I don't think they have a reserve side in any league anywhere). Compare that with how Exeter has brought along its players this season, even seasoned pros like Logan.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

4ORDY

A Torquay Fan speaking sense “at least he will be playing under a decent manager whose selection decisions are not clouded by nepotism” I thought I would never see the day“.

dommers

Clearly they don't know what they're talking about as someone has posted

'If he is off to Exeter then best of luck to him, at least he will be playing under a decent manager whose selection decisions are not clouded by nepotism.'

That is if you listened to some on here ;)

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought this was a thread from a few years ago! lol