• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Halifax on the Brink!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really hope they turn it around up there. Couldnt imagine losing Exeter(Have done may times in the past but now) and what heartbreak it must be for there fans players management. I hope the premiership can sleep at nights as a matchday for Man Utd would probly sort Halifax out and sustain tham for next year. All the best but it aint looking good.

David Treharne

Halifax Town

From the BBC website at 14.53 today:

Halifax on the brink of collapse

Halifax Town are on the brink of liquidation after failing to get their rescue package agreed their creditors.

The club's administrator, Rob Sadler, has failed to reach an agreement with HM Revenue and Customs over their debts, BBC Radio Leeds reports.

The Yorkshire side will now be relegated from Blue Square Premier and Blue Square North.

Halifax are believed to owe about £2m.

More to follow

The implications if they are demoted from both Conference Leagues could, indeed be very interesting!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
MJP what it is about you putting stuff about other clubs into the Exeter City forum, it seems like a habit you cant shrug off!!

David Treharne

See also my thread on the 'Other teams thread'. From the BBC website at 14.54

"Halifax on the brink of collapse

Halifax Town are on the brink of liquidation after failing to get their rescue package agreed their creditors.

The club's administrator, Rob Sadler, has failed to reach an agreement with HM Revenue and Customs over their debts, BBC Radio Leeds reports.

The Yorkshire side will now be relegated from Blue Square Premier and Blue Square North.

Halifax are believed to owe about £2m.

More to follow"

Exe bornandbred

All the best Halifax. We can all relate too how they are feeling when our club was in abit of a pickle! Lets hope they sort it out because its always sad seeing clubs go under!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Soz. Apologise to all! Ashame for halifax as they where our first ever non league opponents and made a playoff fianl recently didnt they?

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
The mods are slow off the mark today...

Too much to monitor, I expect. This could be a chance for everyone to go off topic.

** runs and hides **

Gozzer

Re: Halifax Town

Looks like they are doing a Scarborough. Surely someone can step in to sort this out...

jabba the gut

What do you think about the price of fish?

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Re: Halifax Town

The Shaymen,will have to 'move a mountain' to get out of this mess..