• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Members, a Payment Analysis

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Following from some basic work I have been doing on the Trust database I am now able to give the following stats about payments to the Trust.

Payment Type:

Standing Orders: 2022
Annual Renewals: 350

TOTAL TRUST MEMBERS = 2,372
MEMBERS TO RENEW = 280 (active)

Of the standing orders to the Trust, the averahe payment is £3.25 per month, with the average annual renewal of £27.02.

Of the annual renewals 57% of these are conducted through our PayPal account with 40% paid by cheques and 3% bank Transfers.

We currently have 280 individuals on our database that are up for renewal from the active part of our database (active basicaly means these individuals have been a member in the last year, but have yet to renew within this year)

Currently I am in the process of doing a renewal to these individuals, and I am hoping to hit the non active part of our database (those that have been a member in the last 2 years but haven't renewed). I am hoping that following this, we will hit our startegic aim of 2,500 trust members as soon as possible.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
So going by the 2372 members and that average then the trust recieves

£7709 a month or £92508 a year, not bad at all is it!

newburygrecian

Interesting that the average contribution from Standing Orders is equivalent to £39 per year, against £27.02 for annual renewals. People are clearly more willing to pay an extra 50p a month than they are to pay £6 a year in one lump.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
In general we have a large amount of people that pay us £2pm (the vast majority), BUT the average is scewed by a fair sum of people that pay us above the average. I will look at the standard deviation and get back to you.

Thames Valley Red

How many pay more than £10 per month then............

UTC

TVR
Ps. Great stats

simcity

Martin,

I got a letter from you yesterday in the post saying I hadn't pay my annual renewal for this year. But i paid this back in February.

Maybe thats one off your list of who need to pay!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
simcity.

If you PM me your name and address, I will check the database. I suspect that it is simply a case that the wrong renewal date was inputted against your membership number (this shouldn't happen now as I have automated the process).

If you would like to PM me your details or email [email protected] I will look into this for you.

Many thanks.

Martin Lawrence

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alistair.

I will look into this when I get the chance and update the stats (RE payers above £10).

Martin

Thames Valley Red

Any update on the VERY old request, have we considered asking people to raise it to £3 per month if that would greatly improve the revenue into the club and Trust. Seems a shame on those that pay more than £10 per month not to get some recognition for their efforts. Perhaps a trust badge would encourage these people to be recognized. Afterall, I am aware having run the finances for the first year with Paul Garnham that some people pay over £20 a month into the Trust.

While I understand and value everyone's commitment at £2 those that pay over £10 have put in more than the 'Red or Ded's' yet maybe still have to struggle for tickets for big matches.

Just some thoughts!

UTC

Alistair Yates

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the set up of one member per share regardless of input or length of membership, would you above idea not be slightly unworkable, or even unconstitutional?

Would it perhaps alienate more of the lower payers?

I do however believe you idea should be investigated.

Last edited: