• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones ?

ecfc4life

Does he have the confedince to play infront of a big crowd at wembley?
He played well last year. But has just come into the city team a few weeks ago.

Should marriot be keeper at wembley ?

hienzeECFC

i had a wierd dream last night in which we were playing torquay at SJP and it was the POSF and we conceeded a brilliant free-kick(didnt see who took it) but the name on the back of our keepers shirt was Wannell, i realised this mourning that wannell is the keeper in our youth team, how freaky is that, maby its fate.

if this does come true there is a chance a freak tornado may hit alphington, i had a dream about that about a week ago, so be aware, lol.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you ever get the chance to talk to the guy you will realise he has confidence in his own ability, and rightly so.

So in answer to your best to your question...Yes IMO

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
He played well last year. But has just come into the city team a few weeks ago.

Should marriot be keeper at wembley ?
No fears about Jonesy whatsoever. Did he not come in even later last year after Ricey was dropped for Wembley?

Does he not have the distinction of making the first ever penalty save at the new Wembley?

If we get there and Jonesy is picked he will be fine. He is the big occasion keeper. Clean sheet at Old Trafford, remember?

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wembley, Old Trafford... a combined total of around 110,000 people in just 2 games. I wonder if Marriott has had the same kind of experience.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does he not have the distinction of making the first ever penalty save at the new Wembley?
Still the only keeper to have made a save at Wembley I believe

ChallinorisaGOD

Ignore.....

Last edited:

LOG

No conerns over Jones here.

As already said, hes proved that he can play in the big occassion and has actually come back into the side earlier than last year.

One word of advice would be that if he is thinking of going to Tesco that he should leave his phone at home.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has that experience at Wembley,shouldnt be a problem to use that if he ever got another chance there.

PeteUSA

I agree that Jonah should stay in goal to the end, but there was a small matter of him letting in four goals yesterday, which has to be a concern. Not very good for a team thats already clinched a playoff spot. (I understand he was responsible for at least one).

Still, he played well at Wembley before, and didnt do half bad at Old Trafford. I wonder how much of that is because he cant hear the abuse from behind the goal at those grounds?

Anyway, Jonah to stay for me, but I do wonder whether Marriott would hold it together better in the two Torquay games.