• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Avram Grant

finetime

I've been pretty vocal on my dislike of all things Chelski but I take my hat off to Avram Grant over the way he has conducted himself this season.

In the Champions League Semi's, reached the final of the Carling Cup and only losing 3 in the league is a fantastic achievement, FA cup aberration aside. His record and style of play so far this season is pretty similar to Mourinho's and the only reason he's getting the stick he is because of his manner in press conferences and how he looks.

On top of that he's had to deal with the dross that Mourinho signed last seaon - Sidwell, Ben-Haim, Pizzarro, Malouda - without being able to bring in any players of his own, bar Anelka.

He's had to deal with constant abuse this season, much of it pretty abhorrent anti-semitic sh*te from your typical Chelski scumbag supporter.

I almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost.

Red the Paper

Banned
I have heard the anti semitic chants/songs by Chelsea fans too in pubs around the ground. He will never win over the old guard even if they win the Champions League

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
He seems a dignified person, Even in defeat he doesn't get up the other team's nose. A genuine person

elginCity

I have heard the anti semitic chants/songs by Chelsea fans too in pubs around the ground.
Do wonder whether these people are aware that Abramovich is a Russian Jew, and where it would leave their club if he pulled the plug.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he's done a great job. He's displaced Frank Lampard as the main creative force in midfield without upsetting the rhythm of the team. Essien's class is beginning to show under him and even Ballack seems to fit in sometimes. Should have played Carvalho in both games this week, but that's easy to say in hindsight. They would never be where they are now if Mourinho was in charge now, who proved himself to be too limited tactically to take them to the next stage.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read in the paper a couple of days ago that Grant will be given up to £100 Million in the summer to bring in more quality.
brief story: 13 April 2008
ROM'S £100M GRANT AID
EXCLUSIVE
By Alan Nixon
Roman Abramovich will back Chelsea boss Avram Grant to the hilt this summer - by handing over a £100MILLION transfer warchest.

Billionaire Blues owner Rom has made a small fortune from investments and has decided to go again in the transfer market by making £75m available for new players.
Possible targets include Frank Ribery and Kaka.

And the bulging kitty will be topped up by the £25m Chelsea receive from the sale of unsettled Didier Drogba at the end of the season.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Avram Grant will not be manager of Chelsea next season if he doesn't win a trophy this one. He may even be sacked if he does win something.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Did anyone see his interview last night....

are you back in the title race ?

grant : maybe i dont know.

miserable sod.

RHINO

Having been a Chelsea supporter since the 70 Cup final and a City fan all my 47 year life,the problem with Chelsea is not so much Grant but when he took over from Jose we were promised more attacking flair Goals and entertainment Well you do not need to be pundit to know that has not happened and I would go as far as to say we have taking over from the old Arsenal as BORING

Parklife

Did anyone see his interview last night....

are you back in the title race ?

grant : maybe i dont know.

miserable sod.
The guy is probably fed up of talking to the media who seem determined to run headlines about him being out of a job soon. And besides, I think the answer he gave to that question is probably the right one.