• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2008

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, it's getting to that time of year. The days are getting longer, the sun is occasionally shining, the parks are replacing goalposts with a mown strip....

Our season gets under way on May 10. Our league has changed format slightly, increasing the teams in the other divisions and making ours a smaller, more competitive, division (i.e. less chance of mismatches) where everyone plays each other twice. Last season was ridiculous with too few teams added to the multitude of matches rained off.

Only problem is they've been VERY lazy with allocating the fixtures, meaning we often end up playing the same oppo in successive weeks (not great if the first match is bad-tempered!). Starting with our local derby against Kempton home and away on May 10/17. I've not heard for sure but there could be a little extra spice to this, as several of our players took umbrage to comments made at the AGM and threatened to go to Kempton en masse...

Anyway, would be good as always to hear about the exploits of the Exeweb Cricketers during the summer!

Pete03

Our cricket started two weekends ago! with our 2nd game of the season being called off halfway through due to snow!! last weekend we had a complete washout where we were meant to play two games but all got cancelled!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The Fords games start this coming weekend in the NDL....

Proper league cricket starts on the 3rd of May , we have Torquay away.

We have signed Douglas Hondo ex Zimbabwe international to open the bowling.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad signing that - I was about to say I thought he had died, but it was someone else I was thinking of (maybe his brother?)!

EDIT: 'Twas Trevor Madondo who I was thinking of who died.

Our league actually starts on May 3, but only our 2s have a game that day.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Yeah he should be handy , were meeting him next friday for the first time....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Reading his profile on Cricinfo, I wonder what'll happen if you tell him to shave off his dreadlocks? :)

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can tell Cricket is back as I have done nothing in work but watch county cricket scoreboards on Cricinfo for the past two days....

heathy1

Yeah he should be handy , were meeting him next friday for the first time....
Does he get paid then?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You can tell Cricket is back as I have done nothing in work but watch county cricket scoreboards on Cricinfo for the past two days....
Yep, me too - at least until I saw that Leicestershire were about 853/1....

CREDYGRECIAN

Does he get paid then?
Big time id imagine Heathy.....

He's given up the chance to coach in Aussie land to come and play so its fair to say he's going to be on a few quid...

he's also going to be doing the coaching with ex england bowler peter lever....