• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anyone else hacked off the lack of applauding?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I counted 5 city players, plus Tis, that came to applaud the 775 city fans that made the Journey.

Deano, Matt Taylor, Andy Marriott and 2 others I can;t remember are excluded from this, but too many players as a matter of course are heading straight down the tunnel.

Yes, they were hacked off, but an acknowledgement, even if it;s from the cenner circle doesn;t take much. I Never understand why Deano is the only player to walk to the penalty box to thank the fans for turning up.

We are in this together.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Annoys a lot of other people too! Marriot normally comes over to the away fans, Most of the others seem to trudge off.

cheltGrecian

Can't believe if City go up cheltenham will go dow
I counted 5 city players, plus Tis, that came to applaud the 775 city fans that made the Journey.

Deano, Matt Taylor, Andy Marriott and 2 others I can;t remember are excluded from this, but too many players as a matter of course are heading straight down the tunnel.

Yes, they were hacked off, but an acknowledgement, even if it;s from the cenner circle doesn;t take much. I Never understand why Deano is the only player to walk to the penalty box to thank the fans for turning up.

We are in this together.
I agree. Its nice to get reconition from the player when it codt at least £40 quid to go to an away game.

Red Box

Put simply Lammie and I know this from past experience, most of them look upon supporters as little better than retards. Basically they don't give a sh*t, just like last night's performance.

Deano is Exeter born and bred and has never been to big for his boots. Quite frankly I don't care if I never see the majority of those players in a city shirt ever again.

Last edited:

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Yes, they were hacked off,
They were hacked off , what about the 775 that made the journey to watch.??

Kingsman

Tully was one of the other two, I cant remember who else. Can you also remember under Inglethorpe and Buckle they used to make the circle before the game. There is definitely not the "we are in it all together" spirit of the previous two managers and it shows on the field.

loobygrecian

Its disheartening and disappointing to see us lose, but the fact that us as supporters who have turned up to show our support and loyalty to the players, dont get much, if any recognition, is pretty bloody dismal IMO.

Its all well and good saying that the crowd is the 12th man, blah blah blah, but its nice to have a little bit of appreciation at the final whistle, its not much to ask is it?? :S

Poultice

" plus Tis ".

Why is it the man shows respect to the fans yet his players don't ?

There is without doubt something wrong in the camp.

flakey pasty

Agreed.
BUT ....... I've been at away games when we've lost - the players come over to thank the supporters and they're subjected to a load of abuse.
Also (and I know this should be on another thread) I thought we were so UNLUCKY last night.
Had matt's header gone in - it would have been a completely different story. Ditto Weymouth.
WE'RE PLAYING CLASSY FOOTBALL! (York & Stevenage away).
Keep the faith.
In Tis we trust etc..
UTC
Flakey.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not always that the players do this but I have been noticing it more often recently. To be honest I think that the players are annoyed that a large amount of the crowd have been booing at half time and the end of games. Why should they appreciate us when a large section of 'fans' doesn't like them?

Marriot nearly always does it to be fair as does Deano. other people that usually make the effort are Wayne, Andy Taylor and despite the abuse he gets Cozic.