• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Music Festivals

mammooman

Anyone going or intending to go to any? Beautiful Days at Escot is always a goodun.

I'd like to go to Download but money is a bit tight at the moment! Can't imagine many exewebbers will be going to that but what are people going to?

Ian Mancey

Guilfest is always a good one

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Guilfest is always a good one
It was fine when it was Blues.

Keep trying to send the family on that one. Anything for a peaceful weekend, but I reckon they would just phone me up at 1am for a lift home instead of sleeping in a tent on site!

Somehow, I seem to be registered for Glastonbury. Hope they have some decent chalets or summat.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I went to Beautiful days at Escot a couple of years ago(i did not stay overnight,i like my comforts too much)...I thought it was a well run site,with not too many people.Which made it enjoyable( i hate large crowds,thats why i follow the Grecians..:D)

There was a cracking festival of bands at The Milky Way near Bideford a few years ago.SLF,The Stranglers,The Vibrators,Cult Maniax,plus tribute bands for the Jam,Pistols,Ramones,Clash....What a day that was.Dry & only £15 for that lot..

In the 1980's i went down to Elephant Fare,which was in Cornwall somewhere?..That was mostly weekend hippy's travelling down in their Ford Sierra's...There were some good stalls for Vinyl & some obscure music in the tents...The Urban Warriors i seem to recall...Their claim do fame was the music for a Heineken advert at the time..

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not doing any this year, think I've grown out of them tbh. I am old now after all........ ;)
Might do a couple of the smaller localish one dayers, or maybe Ashton Court if it doesn't clash with my holiday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not doing any this year, think I've grown out of them tbh. I am old now after all........ ;)
Might do a couple of the smaller localish one dayers, or maybe Ashton Court if it doesn't clash with my holiday.
Bl**dy 21 year olds.

newburygrecian

If I could afford it, I'd be very tempted by Sziget in Budapest. It's a week long and £100 to camp. This year they've got REM, Iron Maiden, The Sex Pistols, Kaiser Chiefs and Roisin Murphy already confirmed. I went a couple of years ago and it was amazing.

papillon

I went to Beautiful days at Escot a couple of years ago(i did not stay overnight,i like my comforts too much)...I thought it was a well run site,with not too many people.Which made it enjoyable( i hate large crowds,thats why i follow the Grecians..:D)

There was a cracking festival of bands at The Milky Way near Bideford a few years ago.SLF,The Stranglers,The Vibrators,Cult Maniax,plus tribute bands for the Jam,Pistols,Ramones,Clash....What a day that was.Dry & only £15 for that lot..

In the 1980's i went down to Elephant Fare,which was in Cornwall somewhere?..That was mostly weekend hippy's travelling down in their Ford Sierra's...There were some good stalls for Vinyl & some obscure music in the tents...The Urban Warriors i seem to recall...Their claim do fame was the music for a Heineken advert at the time..
Olds the Milky Way was awesome I went both years, used to do the Elephant Fair run with Gallons of rough Cider for company!!

I am going to the Acoustic Festival in May in Staffordshire should be good!!!

ChallinorisaGOD

Booked for a day at V festival mainly, only 'cos Muse are there really. May have gone to Glastonbury again but decided that going to see Radiohead in Manchester would be a better option (less mud and rain and hippys and all that).

Newbury: Always wanted to do a euro festival - they seem to get far far better line ups and for much cheaper than in the UK and you're more likely to get sun. Thinking about it, I've no idea why I haven't gone to one yet.....

Bittners a Legend

If I could afford it, I'd be very tempted by Sziget in Budapest. It's a week long and £100 to camp. This year they've got REM, Iron Maiden, The Sex Pistols, Kaiser Chiefs and Roisin Murphy already confirmed. I went a couple of years ago and it was amazing.
They've also now got Leonard Cohen who, amazingly, will also be playing at the Big Chill (and Glastonbury).