• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Private School

ECFCHUNTY

my son passed the entrance exam for exeter school and was offered a place..
the fees are massive and despite some help from the school there is still loads to find.does anyone know of anywhere to get help with school fees as iv tried all sorts and came up with nothing..
any help would be appreciated as its a chance i wouldnt want him to miss out on.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am willing to sell clothes that don't fit anymore if that helps.

ECFCHUNTY

lol lammie, the pic comment was in jest and i hope you do well in the crossbar challenge,

how much will we get for the coat????

papillon

A job always helps Hunty :D

LammieLammieLammie

how much will we get for the coat????
:D

More than you would for the jumper. And the fees that Exeter School charge, probably 2 minutes of a PE lesson.

Last edited:

ECFCHUNTY

PAPILON i have a job...or should i call you fitz??????

angelic upstart

Get a family member to go out to work or get a second job. Failing that try the LEA there are some grants available but they do depend on financial circumstances.

On a slight aside i did enjoy Papillon doing the crossbar challenge.

R

Robbo_Ecfc

I have a friend that goes there. Just for interest sake how much is it to go there?

Antony Moxey

any help would be appreciated as its a chance i wouldnt want him to miss out on.
My ten pence worth. We all want the best for our kids, but to be honest it's not worth putting yourself in the poor house for. I was in the same situation as your boy when I was 11 (I think), and as with you it was just too much for my parents to afford.

They told me this, I understood, and went to St Thomas (now Westexe) instead. I finished up with a dozen O Levels and now run my own business with a healthy turnover and even healthier profit margin.

If your lad is smart enough he will be fine in a 'normal' school, and will still have the opportunity to advance on to college and university. Of course, as I said, we all want the best for our kids and will do all we can to give them every opportunity, but if it's too much money then it's too much money and not worth beating yourself up over.

But if you can find the cash then good luck to you and good luck to the lad.

Mike

run my own business with a healthy turnover and even healthier profit margin.
Why don't you donate to the cause? :D