• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last album you bought or downloaded?

GrecianInWales

Got the new Goldfrapp album early this week. It's absolutely lovely and floaty. Really good for something gentle at the end of the night or beginning of the day.

Also bought the debut album from Los Campesinos! on the same day on the strength of their live shows (I vaguely know one of the band members so have seen them quite a few times). Some very good twee guitar pop that sounds a bit like The Libertines (who I'm not a great fan of) crossed with Belle and Sebastian (who I am a big fan of).

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Los Campesinos are ok, but I prefer Operator Please.

Last album I actually bought was Midlake's "Tales of Van Occupanther". I tend to download two or three tracks from iTunes rather than buy whole albums. I honestly couldn't name an entire album on which I loved ALL the tracks.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clare Teal - Don't Talk

It has an excellent 'big band' version of Clare's Messin With Fire, she really does sound like Ella Fitzgerald on this version. There's also a big band version of the Etta James classic I Just Want To Make Love To You which works really well.

If you are already a fan of Clare then this CD is definitely for you. If not, but are into smooth jazz or big bands, then this is a great intro to Clare Teal's work - it has everything.

LOG

On Through the Night - Def Leppard.

Sold it in Catapilla (sp) Records for 75p about 2 months later.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

On Through the Night - Def Leppard.
Let that be a lesson to you, never buy a record because it has a cool looking sleeve.

newburygrecian

Can't remember the last one I bought for me (bought some for family at Christmas), may well have been Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures.

The next one I buy will be Vampire Weekend.

GrecianInWales

Can't remember the last one I bought for me (bought some for family at Christmas), may well have been Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures.
That's a very good album and, rarely, feels more like an album than a collection of songs thrown together. There's nothing quite as good as Apply Some Pressure on there though.

I've got to head up past HMV this lunchtime - I'm really going to have to stop myself nipping in to get LCD Soundsystem's second album, which was really cheap when I went in on Monday. Same with Gogol Bordello.

Restraint...

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
'The Cool' Lupe Fiasco

shakey18

Elbow-The Seldom Seen Kid

Jean Jeannie

Then and Now - The Who
Greatest Hits - Blink 182