• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mackie debut for Plymouth

robchave

Interesting quote from Paul Sturrock -

"The rest of his game when he came on, apart from the goals, was a nightmare.
"His other six touches were all passes that went to the opposition, but that's what we've got on our hands.
"Hopefully his goalscoring knack will never be changed, but there's lots to be done on other parts of his game."

Sounds like the JM we know and love . .

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two goals? Beginners luck.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting quote from Paul Sturrock -

"The rest of his game when he came on, apart from the goals, was a nightmare.
Saw the interview with Luggy on Westcountry Soccer Night and I'd say his tongue was firmly in his cheek.

Red the Paper

Banned
Saw the interview with Luggy on Westcountry Soccer Night and I'd say his tongue was firmly in his cheek.
Saw the same interview and I disagree. He stated that he wasn't the finished article by any means and his comments were an honest appraisal, not tongue in cheek.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw the same interview and I disagree. He stated that he wasn't the finished article by any means and his comments were an honest appraisal, not tongue in cheek.
I agree that the suggestion Jamie isn't the finished article was an honest - and accurate - appraisal. However, I maintain the suggestion that apart from the two goals he was "a nightmare" was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

finetime

Mackie said: "I am here to develop as a player but I hope I will develop while I'm playing as well, because I do want to play games.

"I've come from non-league, so I am going to have things in the game, but I'd be disappointed if other people here didn't have things they thought they could work on.

"They might think I have more to do, but I'm 100% committed to working on my game and I love improving my game.

"I'll be the last off the training-ground every day until my game is as good as anyone else's, if not better."
Can't really begrudge Mackie the move to Plymouth with an attitude like that. As model a professional as you could have. All he wants is to be the best he can be and it's great to witness tbh.

Good luck JM! Lets hope you go on to bigger and better things and out sell on clause (?) comes into play :)

lemonardo

We all know that Mackie would run about for 70 mins doing f**k all but then wake up and score a cracker.

Give him some credit, we came off the bench and scored two goals - ok, the first was bundled into the net, but the second was a typical Mackie goal.

Nice bloke but hated his celebration at the corner flag - and kissing his badge...........yuck !

R

RegSupp1

How come The City 'FANS' were not Singing 'Stick Your Jamie Mackie Up Your Arse' at the end of the game?

Im baffled??? :D

Surely considering it was after Taylor had got his Second Goal it would have been more apt to sing the same song but replace Jamie Mackie with Chris Todd?

Good on Jamie though hope that he scores plenty of goals down there (Obviously when Plymouth are losing) and goes onto really big things as it will be great for him and financially good for us too.

I have always been a big fan of his and his first goal last night summed up what we have been missing and thats someone that will get his body in there and not get knocked off the ball like our frontline does when someone says BOO!

Stansfield played well last night but if we had Mackie i dont think we would have had to settle for 1 PT!

Poultice

150k ? What a steal.

Luggy knows he has got a gem and was taking the **** out of all the muppetry on here, Luggy has always read these boards, FACT !

Of course he kisses their badge, he works for them, and he probably realises there are as many divs living in the past down there as there are where he came from, he has that prejudice to overcome.

First two of many, the Premiership beckons.

STURTZ

the new Thierry Henri is alive and well and living in Plymouth!