• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Valentines Day.

Yorkie

Whats the best one you've had?
Do you bother?
Is it just another money making guilt trip.

GJW

Never bother. I love my wife every day of the year, not just 14th Feb. Yes, it is an excuse for people to go into even more debt and make some fat cats very happy and produce a lot of extra waste that cannot be recycled (apart from cards - if the owners can be bothered).

My wife and I love the fact that we don't celebrate this occasion together and, hence save money. In the same way that we save £104 per year by not doing the lottery.

I'm not a mserable git, honestly! I just don't like throwing money away for no justified reason.

But if it's what you do and you enjoy it then well done, I hope you have a nice day and all that.

Yorkie

My Hubby and myself have agreed on cards only this year as we are saving for our hols( although if he reads this i'll miss the smellies) But it does make me smile when partners say "dont bother" and then you hear of the fall out because they didnt bother:S.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have got my helicopter booked to despatch my roses, chocolates, teddy bears etc etc! ^o)

:D

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
My best one was a few years ago when i was 24 and the Manager of a travel agent in Tivy, One of my jobs was to look after the trainee ( ;) ) so one day, a little before Valentines day, she was complaining that she never has had a date for Valentines day, (probable because she was only 17...)... So as i was free and single, i decided that for a larf i would offer her out for a Valentines meal, but to my shock, she said yes!...
Took her to Chaucers in Exeter and had a bleddy good night.. the rest is history ;) .

Last edited:

Jean Jeannie

Waiting for the Milk Tray Man.....**maybe knocking on a bit now though hmmm... ****

loobygrecian

Red is a rose
White is a lily
C'mon then fella
Show me your **ahem** ;)

:p

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just another money making guilt trip.
In a word - Yes. Although the reason I'm probably saying that is because I'm single......:cool:

Antony Moxey

Valentines Day is b*ll*cks. But don't worry babes - I love you all every day of the year, not just one manufactured by the card companies.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
agreed - cards here and thats it ( unless he has a big surprise planned :p)