• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Woe is me, I'm an Argyle fan!!

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only £5.5m to spend.

We've no creditors.

We're in the Championship.

No players in our team that don't want to play there.

God, I wish (sometimes) I was an Exeter fan!

<titter>

R

Rodolfo Acosta

Only £5.5m to spend.

We've no creditors.

<titter>
No way you will be spending it on players though old man. Gargoyle sell their assets and then wonder why they then move to lower climes for a while. Crow when you having something to crow about old chap and watch out Rickler is watching you!!!

manc grecian

Dont you have the problem of having all that cash to spend and not having the wage structure to support expensive signings. If you spend 1.5 million on a player they are going to want a big wedge in wages.

You cant fill your squad with lower league players for £250k because you will end up with a lower league team.

R

Rodolfo Acosta

Dont you have the problem of having all that cash to spend and not having the wage structure to support expensive signings. If you spend 1.5 million on a player they are going to want a big wedge in wages.

You cant fill your squad with lower league players for £250k because you will end up with a lower league team.
One thing about Gargoyle and their next opponents is that they have never achieved status in the highest English league and that shows well over 100years of under-achievement and yet to read some of pasoti posters you would think they were something big. Yes they are bigger than us at the mo but there have been many times when they were not despite their crowing. Believe only when you see it and old Pork Pie is getting a little crusty now so he will never see.

ECFCHUNTY

9thh feb, i cant wait....thats the day gargoyle go to the walkers to witness hollaways new team putting in a great performance..how that will hurt

tisdale 1

Resigned
yeah do come back in 4 months time when after you keep droping down the league like a gay in the prison showers let us no how mackie done and were your chairman has run off with the transfer budget and your only 1 league above us ur kidding urself if you think you got good team ewanks blake for mackie what a joke see you in two years in league 1!!

angelic upstart

Only £5.5m to spend.

We've no creditors.

<titter>
Hold on a minute are these facts or opinion?

Where is this 5.5m from? 900k has been spent on new "star" strikers in Easter, MacLean and Mackie, as far as i was aware you'd only sold SEB, Hayles, Gosling and Norris i was also under the impression Gosling was a mill and roughly a mill of add ons and Norris has 50% going to Bolton. By my reckoning that would be closer to 4 mill tops. This wont include compensating the fans that don't turn up at HP week in week out.

No long term creditors as yet is a more apt sentiment i would suggest.

You are in the CCC but it appears Sturrock and Stapleton are doing their darnedest to get you back to your more natural position, it's like an episode of "I'm in the Championship, Get me out of here".

No players that want to leave???? Are you sure?

As for wishing you were an Exeter fan, I understand your annoyance at choosing Argyle but i do appreciate and dare i say respect for sticking with them for so long. I for one, welcome the day when more Argyle fans admit this. I salute you.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rab C Luggy has received first installment for 'Chuck' Norris from Ipswich:

BUCKFAST - Tonic Wine

The recipe for the Tonic wine is attributed to the original French monks who settled at Buckfast Abbey in the 1880's. Base wines from Spain, known as mistellas, were imported and to these were added the tonic ingredients according to the old recipe.

By the 1920's 1400 bottles were sold annually, 500 from Buckfast and the remainder by post. In 1927 a London wine merchant was visiting the Abbey, and in conversation with the Abbot, Anscar Vonnier, it was decided that the monks would continue to make the Tonic wine with the distribution and sale to be carried out by a separate marketing company.

In order to broaden its appeal the Tonic was changed slightly from a rather severe patent medicine to a smoother, more mature medicated wine.
Having taken on the marketing of "Buckfast" the distributing company adopted a reserved promotional approach resulting in the widespread appreciation of the product nationally and internationally.

In modern times it continues to be made by the monks of Buckfast Abbey along the same lines and according to the same basic recipe as used in the very early days. The main difficulty lies in the successful addition of inert substances to a base wine - a living and natural entity.

The selection of the base wine is thus of prime importance. Today the base mistellas come from France providing the ideal medium for the skill and expertise of the monks to produce a finished product round and mature to the most discerning of tastes.

ABV: 15%
Country of Origin: England

Hic hic hic!

IJN

Hey Acosta, I have you on ignore, just in case you haven't cottoned on yet.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster