• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weight Loss - Self Adulation

GrecianGav

In October 2006 i went for my yearly check up to the doctors and was quite shocked to find out that i weighed 15 Stone 8 Pounds, Though must admit that i didnt actually do anything about it, Then in March last year i landed a Full Time job and was walking down and back from Town everyday that i worked which meant that i was getting some much needed exercise and then last September for some reason i just decided to go on abit of a health kick and cut out all of the rubbish that i ate which was allot!

So since then i have cut out Chocolate, Crisps and other rubbish that i would eat on an almost daily basis and after being Full Time at work walking down and back and getting an exercise bike which i do 5 K's on everyday i went back for my yearly check up in October and was flabbergasted to find out that i weighed 14 Stone exactly and had lost 1 Stone 8 and was very proud of that fact and decided that i would continue on the health kick and only had a bad patch over Xmas which was a treat.

Anyway after Xmas i continued back on the Weight Loss and today i weighed myself and have to say that i am very very proud to say that i weigh 12 Stone 8 and have officially lost 3 Stone in 15 Months.

For me this is quite a big deal as i never had allot of confidence and was just in my own little world but now feel so much more confident as a person and feel very proud of the fact that i have stuck at it and lost 3 Stone which i never believed i would.

Anyway i will be continuing not eating junk and aim to get down to 11 Stone which i know will take time but that is what i want to do and aim to do at some stage in the future.

Cheers for reading my rubbish! :D

Gavin.
UTC!! [ecfc]

cheltGrecian

Can't believe if City go up cheltenham will go dow
Congrats. I know exactly where your coming form

I have been doing the same type of thing in recent years. I was about 16 stone a couple of year ago but with going to the gym and drinking less.
I am now down to about 14 stone and looking to lose a couple more stone over the next couple of years!

ecfc2000

well done mate, good going.

GrecianGav

Cheers chaps, Its been hard work but its been very rewarding!

GrecianGav

I have today weighed myself again and have now reached the next hurdle and have now lost another half a stone which brings the total to 3 and a half stone that i have lost so now down to 12 stone 1 from 15 stone 8, Only another stone to go before i can be happyish again though would still like to get down further than 11 stone to be honest.

Cant complain though! :D

Last edited:

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
well done mate - good for you, keep it going :)

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
You ought to think about slowing down. If you carry on shedding weight at this rate, in 5 years there will be nothing left of you! Literally!

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
I understand that Rick Waller has been diagnosed with a terminal flesh eating disorder...his doctor has given him 65 years to live!!

mustangspeed2006

First of all congratulatons, that is a good effort.

I find that cycling everywhere helps me to keep trim and, as you said, walking is also great for staying fit. With nutrition I think it's very important to avoid carbonated drinks (Coca-cola usw) as they (and even the diet ones) are full of crap.

GrecianGav

Just a quick update, Now down to 11 Stone 8 meaning that the next hurdle has been reached and lost 4 Stone in Total.

Still want to get down to 11 Stone which seemed a long way off at the start but now feel allot happier about myself so having my pig outs but by still doing the excercise i have been doing which means the weight isnt going back on.

Last edited: